Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Your Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Picked up a Cherokee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 22>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 6:36pm
Drove the Cherokee to the store.

Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 7:46pm
it's a bird.. it's a plane.. nope it's a helicopter Big smile
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 10:52pm
Of course since the engine in my 2A developed a knock this morning when I was driving, that I should investigate if it is a broken spring, I decided to do a poor mans alignment on the Cherokee LOL

No pictures but I clamped square tube to the brake rotors and measured the distance from in front and behind the axle. Using the rotor as the center line, I measured around 14 inches out on the tube each side, front and behind it.

Ended up adjusted the tie rod out some, hopefully to help with the uneven where the passenger tire is suffering.
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2017 at 11:05pm
Just a thought for you. I was over having a few cold ones with my neighbor and his son showed up in his Blazer so we sprayed down 1/2 of his hood with WD40 and rubbed it in. 2 years later he totaled it but that side of the hood still looked nice. Yeah, it was red.
uncamonkey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 4:14am
Hey what are using to post pics?
This deal with Photobucket is driving me crazy. 
Thanks for any advice 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 4:24am
Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

Just a thought for you. I was over having a few cold ones with my neighbor and his son showed up in his Blazer so we sprayed down 1/2 of his hood with WD40 and rubbed it in. 2 years later he totaled it but that side of the hood still looked nice. Yeah, it was red.

I may try that. I thought about just spraying a clear coat all over it too.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 4:30am
Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

Hey what are using to post pics?
This deal with Photobucket is driving me crazy. 
Thanks for any advice 

I upload them from my phone, after I resize them (crop them).  

Yeah the PB thing sucks, what can you do? I will try to replace the photos another way, but it will be time consuming.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 4:35am
ya time consuming for sure that's what I was thinking!!
Plus I can't remember what picture was with each post. 
Confused
How much do you crop? To make it work.. I drive my wife crazy with my lack of tech skills. 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 4:45am

ya time consuming for sure that's what I was thinking!!
Plus I can't remember what picture was with each post. 
Confused
How much do you crop? To make it work.. I drive my wife crazy with my lack of tech skills. 

I crop it down to just what I actually want the photo to be of.   I don't have an exact figure on it, just want ever worksLOL   I do know there is a limit to the size of a photo, I don't know what it is though.

(My phone skills aren't to great either Ouch)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 4:54am
Ha ha ok thanks buddy. 
Was trying to remember what fix you did on the Cherokee rear window. 
My wagoneer rear quitAngry
After wasting hours on it finally bypassed the rear key switch completely!! At least I can run it with the dash switch now.
Planning to update my thread soon, but wanted pics with it.  Embarrassed
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2017 at 3:34pm

Was trying to remember what fix you did on the Cherokee rear window. 
My wagoneer rear quitAngry
After wasting hours on it finally bypassed the rear key switch completely!! At least I can run it with the dash switch now.
Planning to update my thread soon, but wanted pics with it.  Embarrassed

I only can lower my window from the switch on the dash also.    I bought, from serehill on FSJnetwork, a upgraded harness to wire the tailgate window.  It uses relays in it and the option to have it remote control on a key FOB.

http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1790
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 1:48am
Drove it to work to use as a truck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 2:34am
that's a great picture Clap
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 4:35am

that's a great picture Clap

Thank you.   I try! LOL
nmbailey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nmbailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 8:46pm
I just stumbled onto this thread. That Cherokee is beautiful. I'd love to have one like that for camping. Just throw my low-profile cot right in the back and done! I bet that thing has all kinds of room compared to the Magnum I use to do that in.

I like the Chinook flying around up there. There's a company in the Portland area (I believe) that does depot level work on them for the Army. I get to see them flying around all the time living right near Hunter Army Airfield in Savannah, GA.
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ
1988 Mazda B2200
1947 CJ2a s/n 123737 - Soon to be in progress... for the last 6 years...
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by nmbailey nmbailey wrote:

I just stumbled onto this thread. That Cherokee is beautiful. I'd love to have one like that for camping. Just throw my low-profile cot right in the back and done! I bet that thing has all kinds of room compared to the Magnum I use to do that in.

I like the Chinook flying around up there. There's a company in the Portland area (I believe) that does depot level work on them for the Army. I get to see them flying around all the time living right near Hunter Army Airfield in Savannah, GA.

Thank you. I am going to have to start some metal repair as it is rusting from the inside out unfortunately. 

It does have room but I have yet to clamp in it. 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2017 at 8:23pm
Can't really tell from the photo but Astoria and surrounding areas there is thick smoke all around. Worse today I think. Guess there is wild fire in British Columbia.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2017 at 8:24pm
Oops Embarrassed forgot the picture.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 22>