Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horn, Delco model 644

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorholt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horn, Delco model 644
    Posted: 30 Apr. 2015 at 8:57pm
Hello Everyone, This was the horn that was on my 48 cj2, It was not hooked up but it looks to be the correct mount, it was bolted on the left inner fender and used 2 of the brace bolts to hold it there, These jeeps need 2 terminals on the horn and this one just has a wire out of it with a spade terminal on it, it also looks like it might be isolated from grounding through the bracket with phenolic washers, Is this the correct horn?
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2015 at 10:11pm
That's a very cool horn, but not the original for a Willys CJ2A. This was likely one of a set. The 644 is the "hi" note and the 643 is the "low" note. I have a similar Sparton version on my 3A. Because of the one post connection, mine requires a horn relay to function correctly. (Available at Walck's etc...)

Tim
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2015 at 10:20pm
Here is a picture of my similar Sparton.  The relay is the small square block with the 3 wire posts...

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
Thorholt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorholt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2015 at 11:01pm
Thanks for the info athawk, I kind of figured that was the case but it seemed to fit so well, I am switching to 12 volt anyways so I will just find a new horn for it, Thanks again!
 Post Reply Post Reply