Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Trading Post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

U-joint for Capstan Link belt winch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christophe Chevalet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: U-joint for Capstan Link belt winch
    Posted: 21 June 2015 at 9:13pm
Hello All
I have an NOS drive shaft for the capstan winch Braden.
Problem I want the mount on Link belt capstan Winch!
The diameter of the output shaft on the Link belt winch is bigger than the shaft of the Braden.
I ready to trade the complete drive shaft or only the U-joint.
Please make me an offer I'm open...
Thanks

Willys CJ2A VEC VIN 12121 1946
Willys MB "Slat Grill"VIN 105879 1941
Willys Jeepster 673VJ VIN 10403 1950
Willys Pick-up 4WD 6-226 1960
phlip8910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phlip8910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2015 at 1:20am
Hi,
I am looking for that drive for my winch.  If you will trade for cash please pm me and let me know.
CJ2A 10845
CJ2A 17418
CJ2A 37297
CJ2A 207460
harvey45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvey45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2015 at 11:58am
Eagle has them but they re a selling or a pretty penny.  Look for the joint as the shaft is common rod steel. 
Steering U joints will work too and a visit to your local junk yard will locate something.  
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2015 at 6:26pm
Farm machinery also uses this kind of shaft.
harvey45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvey45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2015 at 7:23pm
Here is the link of a good guy who sell parts U joints are NOS but shaft is reproduction  the shaft and two U Joints are 235 dollars with woodruff key.   If you want a NOS one try Eagle Jeep parts but his are 5 to 6 hundred dollars.  
If you look long enough you will find them just depends on how long you want to look.  I heard some people buying capstan winches just to get the pieces and reselling the left overs.  
Or make your own from Steering Joint linkage .   
Good luck

Edited by harvey45 - 18 Aug. 2015 at 7:26pm
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2015 at 12:50am
Has anyone purchased and installed one of these capstan.com driveshafts? I've purchased one of their data plates and it wasn't the right size.

Thanks,
Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
harvey45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvey45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2015 at 11:50am
When you say right size are you speaking of length or the Ujoint itself?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2015 at 2:50pm
Harvey,

I was referring to the dataplate. It was too small and didn't line up with the rivet holes in the base plate. Actually, I got the handle from them too and needed to work on it quite a bit to get it to fit.

I would be curious to know if the u-joint fits right in and their whole shaft for that matter. I'd hate to spend that much money only to have to do alot of work on either part to get them to fit.

Bill

harvey45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvey45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2015 at 9:07pm
I had no issue with Ujoints fitting but the shaft was a tad long for me but cut to fit. If the Ujoint was too large winch side would sleeve and cut key way in joint. I believe the Braden input is a little narrow and Capstan input is a tad bigger. These are for the capstan but will work either way with a little love.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2015 at 11:28am
Thanks for the info.

Bill

Airboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2017 at 7:14pm
Did you find the shaft you needed?  I had the opposite problem; I have the link belt shaft with joints but I have a braden winch.  I found a braden shaft and joints, so now I have a spare link belt shaft with joints.
 Post Reply Post Reply