Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Grandfathers CJ2a also

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Grandfathers CJ2a also
    Posted: 04 Dec. 2015 at 2:23pm
First Post Here
Lots of great information here, just discovered. thank you for some things I have already read that helped. I still have several questions that are bugging me while getting it back together.

46 Willys CJ2a - 3 on the tree. S/N 17573.

My Dad and I (mostly my dad, fortunately) did a basic fix up on it about 40 years ago (probably kept me out of some trouble as a teenager) and has been stored inside ever since. 2 months ago I decided to start restoring it again.. Here are a couple before pictures and where it is now on the restoration.. I am just figuring out how to put it back together, (and will need advice)

Getting a new radiator now for it, old one is shot the radiator guy said $500 to fix.

After I get it back together I will bring to shop to have major tuneup and sealed up..
Then I will look for someone to redo the body more professionally.

[URL=//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/][/URL]

Edited by Rod - 05 Dec. 2015 at 4:15am
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2015 at 2:59pm
Welcome to the page and what a fantastic looking Willys you have there!

While it is still apart---> http://cj-2a.com/parts_list/CJ2A_data.php
dandjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dandjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2015 at 3:07pm
Wow! Great looking Jeep! I'd just get it running and drive and enjoy it!

47 cj2a
Warn O/D
03 Rubicon

russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2015 at 3:20pm
Welcome to the forum! Your jeep is looking great! Thumbs Up

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2015 at 3:45pm
Looking great... and SOooo much more interesting with the history LOL  
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
pjensen641 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pjensen641 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2015 at 8:05pm
Wow, you sure started off with a nice foundation!  Looks like the person that will be doing the NEXT rebuild is in the drivers seat.  Cool
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2015 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by pjensen641 pjensen641 wrote:

Wow, you sure started off with a nice foundation!  Looks like the person that will be doing the NEXT rebuild is in the drivers seat.  Cool
Yep she is 14 now and has been spending some time with me rebuilding it...She thinks its pretty cool and she can't wait to learn how to drive it.. She wants to put in the parade this summer.. Hope that can happen, with some help and advice from here.
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2015 at 7:58pm
WOW  That sure looks good to me!!  The body looks great the way it is.  If you make it to shiny and fancy, they turn into a trailer queen, and you don't want to drive it and get a scratch on it.  I say drive and enjoy!!  Thumbs Up 
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2015 at 8:51pm
That is a good point maybe I will do the body work myself and let someone paint it

I do want to enjoy it not just trailer it it is easy to go crazy
And go overboard

Thank you. For keeping me in check on this project

And probably save some money too

I have new floor panels for it but really the floor is in pretty good shape only a couple if bad spots and
I am going to put matts in it anyways.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2016 at 2:04pm
Starting the Body work now. Was a busy summer not much time for the jeep, but Put in all new brake linings, new bumper and wiring Harness.
Now stripping it down to the metal, to fill and prime..

46 CJ2A 17573 Sioux Falls SD
Link to Photos of Restoration
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmuQgE9e
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2016 at 5:46pm
what  a great gem , have fun and enjoy
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2017 at 9:52pm
Back at it... Working on the Tub, fenders and windshield. tailgate, grill and rims are all ready for paint.
Welding some stress fractures on the fenders and working on the windshield, needed new brackets and have the new inner liner with all the seals needed ..
Tub will need a new panel under the passenger seat welded in. then clean up and flip it over for more body work..
Glad to be back at it..

Save

Edited by Rod - 26 Apr. 2017 at 11:58pm
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2017 at 12:15pm
Your building a nice jeep,keep up the good work    

Giles
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2017 at 8:12pm
More photo updates..

Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2017 at 11:54pm
Very nice Jeep and a keeper. Your daughter may just be a very good caretaker for it also. I like that. John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2017 at 2:07am
Looks great, I don't think I have ever seen bare metal so clean.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2017 at 2:20am
Thanks , she has been in the garage helping out kinda fun teaching her welding right now. Even though I don't even know what I am doing . Fun to see her have some interest
And spend time in the garage , kinda like me and my dad we spent a lot of hours together on this baby when I was a teen

Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2017 at 2:44pm
Cleaned up the tub a bit more and some body work.
I have a lot to learn about welding and have been reading posts from here, to get some ideas on how to tackle.

Save

Edited by Rod - 30 Apr. 2017 at 2:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>