Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

25th Annual Spring Willys Reunion - Event Date: 19 May 2017 - 20 May 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2017 at 8:29pm
Just called to book my room. THe guy on the phone said they are completely booked both Friday and Saturday. Any suggestions on a plan B hotel? Don't know the area at all.

Thanks,
Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2017 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Bill Norris Bill Norris wrote:

Just called to book my room. THe guy on the phone said they are completely booked both Friday and Saturday. Any suggestions on a plan B hotel? Don't know the area at all.

Thanks,
Bill

The Clarion is at the intersection of state road IN46 and I-65.  There are 3 or 4 hotels in the same area.  Goggle "hotels Columbus Indiana and you will see the 3 or 4 other hotels near the Clarion.  If those don't work, there are others nearby.

Barry
https://www.farmjeep.com/
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2017 at 3:24am
Just got my room ! Thursday Friday and Saturday ! No problem!
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2017 at 11:33am
Originally posted by sandusky sandusky wrote:

Just got my room ! Thursday Friday and Saturday ! No problem!

Seriously?! I think I will call back today and try again. When I asked the guy about the Jeep Reunion rate, he asked me if 'Jeep' was spelled with a 'J' or a 'G'. Shocked

Bill

birddog7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birddog7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2017 at 12:41pm
I had a similar problem a couple days ago. Had to spell everything out for her. Then she put me hold to check everything out with someone on the Willis Reunion rate. I think your not dealing with the hotel but a contracted reservation groupe.
Did finally get a reservation. There is a LaQunta just down the road to the west of the Hotel.
Birddog
1945 CJ2A
1956 CJ3B
1946 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1948 CJ3A
1946 Bantam Trailer
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2017 at 12:53pm
Sorry to hear about the problems.  I'm hoping you all enjoy the location, since it is about 15 minutes from me!  I'll try to stop by and talk to the manager today.
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2017 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by birddog7 birddog7 wrote:

I had a similar problem a couple days ago. Had to spell everything out for her. Then she put me hold to check everything out with someone on the Willis Reunion rate. I think your not dealing with the hotel but a contracted reservation groupe.
Did finally get a reservation. There is a LaQunta just down the road to the west of the Hotel.

I stopped by the hotel this morning and calls are getting transferred to an overload system when they are real busy.  They are very sorry for the issues and if the operator is having issues, suggested calling back.  I'm not sure how I would rate that on a customer service scale, but I can say the person I talked to knew all about the Reunion and was very sorry folks are having problems.

Barry
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2017 at 4:54pm
... We go through this all the time.  Did they tell you how many rooms are available?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2017 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

... We go through this all the time.  Did they tell you how many rooms are available?

No, but I didn't ask either.  It is a big place.  Since I didn't have any standing - I wasn't part of the organization - I just told the person about the posts and dropped off some brochures.

Barry 
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2017 at 10:16pm
At this moment there are 16 rooms left in the block.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2017 at 10:52pm
The girl I talked to a week or two ago was nice as she could be, even made the comment that she "hoped she was working when we all got there, she loved Jeeps".

(she didn't ask how to spell it) Big smile

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2017 at 6:59pm
I spoke with them to, and seems to me like the least knowledgable people are stuck at the desk. Jeff is right, yesterday there were 24 rooms available, so his 16 seems right.

I'm not sure why we go through this every year!
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2017 at 7:04pm
Got my room and even registered for the Reunion this time
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2017 at 8:48pm
...and of course there is the state park just down the road with a hotel and campground
    1945 CJ2a 11495
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2017 at 11:42am
Called back again yesterday. Girl told me there were 20 rooms available and before I could say anything else she transferred me to the reservation line. Once transferred, it was the same nonsense no rooms available and no group block under that name. Called the front desk again and got the manager. 19 rooms left and I am booked.
Key apparently is to be very insistent to not get transferred to the reservation line.

Bill

Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2017 at 3:59pm
Same story last night.  Called and was transferred to some far way central reservation desk that had no clue about the reunion.  Called back and asked if they could help locally.  They took the reservation and did not transfer to the central reservation desk.
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
BIG JOHN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG JOHN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2017 at 6:28pm
I just registered! Can't wait! Luckily I booked my room over a month ago!
BIG JOHN
1947 CJ-2A
1946 Bantam T3C trailer
2015 Chevy Silverado Z71 CC
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2004 Jeep LJ
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 4:53am
Happened to be in the area over the weekend so drove by the facility - and the lot is HUGE!
Should be plenty of room for everybody, and all their stuff. Getting excited. Thumbs Up
    1945 CJ2a 11495
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>