Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 Easter Jeep Safari - Event Date: 08 Apr. 2017 - 16 Apr. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2017 at 4:06am
Jpet's jeeping skills have not been affected by his accident. Here's the video of our Kane Creek Canyon run.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2017 at 3:52pm
Great videos!  I can't believe Stan is doing all those tracks with nothing but a boonie hat for protection! 

Jeff, since I'm an easy day's drive from Moab, how about if I drive over there, we put your truck on your trailer, and you follow me back to my place in BamBam.  Then we can leave BamBam at my place and I'll haul your truck and trailer back to IL.  I don't know if your truck is repairable, or if you want to leave it in a Utah junkyard, but if you're thinking of repairing it, you'll want it in IL.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2017 at 4:21pm
I like the diversity of the terrain in that run....not just a continual stairstep challenge.

That's the type of trail I think of when I think Utah.  Thumbs Up

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2017 at 5:18am
Thanks for the offer Mike. I hope to talk to the insurance adjuster tomorrow. Then I will know more. The truck is definitely not coming home. I really hope to rent a uhaul or something. I'll know more tomorrow.

Today we did Moab Rim:

Putting video together now.

Edited by jpet - 10 Apr. 2017 at 5:50am
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2017 at 6:56am
Nice shot of my backside there Jeff!   

While Jeff is editing the videos from our run today on The Moab Rim Trail, I am back home sitting in the recliner because I have to work tomorrow and Tuesday. I will be back down there with them on Wednesday.

While I am sitting here I found this cool drone video of the trail that gives a different prospective of it than you will get from our videos. Please forgive the fact that the vehicles are not flat fenders.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2017 at 11:11am
Amazing trails. Hard to know when to say yes or no to those trails. Definately never try it alone. Some of the views there are just beautiful. Thanks for the pictures and videos. You most likely amaze the rock crawler guys on just how far the old flatties will go.  So far you seem to know when to just say no. That is a rare quality or trait. Stay safe my friends. John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2017 at 3:21pm
Sorry about your truck. Been busy and haven't been on for a while. I would tell you I would help but I got my truck totaled out on Veterans day. Anything I can do let me know. Stay safe!
48CJ2A
Tiny
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2017 at 7:45pm
Here's the video of our run up and down The Moab Rim Trail. Thanks to Mike (nivrat) and Ward (baja 4) for the trail guiding and spotting. Please no guff to Ward for driving his cute little Toyota Hilux. He just got it and this is it's shakedown cruise.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2017 at 10:04pm
Hey, we made the day two EJS film loop for Fourwheeler network. Got some picks in the photo gallery as well. Grampa's Jeep, Bam Bam and Mike's jeep are on the the video near the end coming down The Devil's Crack.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/moab-experience/2017/1704-day-2-at-the-2017-easter-jeep-safari-roaming-moab-rim-trail/

Edited by smfulle - 10 Apr. 2017 at 10:14pm
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2017 at 10:19pm
Good stuff Stan! Have y'all run or going to run High Dive and Up Chuck?

Ward, I hope you're not leaving the Willys fold for more modern rigs...

1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2017 at 3:49am
Originally posted by Rick G Rick G wrote:

Good stuff Stan! Have y'all run or going to run High Dive and Up Chuck?

I just watched a bunch of videos of guys rolling their rigs down The High Dive. I'm not really sure that, as Mike said, "with only a boonie hat for protection" that would be a wise choice. But you never know. I don't generally say no until I've seen it in person.

I'm home now working Monday and Tuesday, then heading back down Tuesday night. We'll see what Jeff, Ward and .Mike come up with. I'm pretty sure that whatever it is, with those guys showing the way, I can get through it.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2017 at 4:28am
Today we went back to Hell's Revenge with the Red Rock group:

..... video is still uploading.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2017 at 6:42am
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2017 at 3:06pm
Bam Bam made the Escalator look easy. I started thinking "I could do that" then the green jeep got twisted up and I was bock to "nahh."  Love the background comments as you come up Hell's Gate "not even locked." Wink

See you tonight.

Edited by smfulle - 11 Apr. 2017 at 4:32pm
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Fred Coldwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Coldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2017 at 4:26pm
Jeff:

Very nice run up the Escalator!  I'm very impressed with your skills after seeing the wide-tired green jeep that followed you get stuck in the hole near the top.  You do wonders with an "unlocked", purely stock MB. Wink  They sure don't make 'em like they used to.  LOL
Happy Jeep Trails,

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO
1944 CJ2-09 - X-33
1945 CJ2-26 - X-50

Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2017 at 7:13pm
" All this modern technology and look at that WW2 Jeep". LOL Kiss but don't tell. Love it. Looking good. Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2017 at 9:00pm
At least you are having fun.
I have always thought about going out for the EJS but I don't play well with others in a large group. If I did go out there I would just sit on a rock with a cool one and watch the circus. We usually go out in the beginning of June and deal with the carnage left by the EJS crowds.
uncamonkey
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2017 at 11:27pm
Yeah, Jeff you give me hope because if you can do all that stuff in a stock jeep, then maybe I can do some of those obstacles in my slightly modified jeep.
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>