Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bissel Stomp 'N Go warning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bissel Stomp 'N Go warning
    Posted: 19 Mar. 2017 at 1:35pm
The wife went to pull out a shopping bag from a cabinet this morning and it was stuck fast. When she pulled it loose it was all corroded so I pulled everything out to see what was causing it. The photo will explain what I found, a leaking box of Bissell Stomp 'N Go stain remover packets. The only other items stored in this cabinet are bags, paper plates, napkins, place mats, and light bulbs. Just a headsup.

This was a box with light bulbs in it.

Larry
63owner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2017 at 3:36pm
Pretty caustic-looking stuff. I wonder how it would do on removing jeep rust.
1948 CJ2A
1963 CJ3B
Late 1940s(?) Spen trailer
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2017 at 6:02pm
Undersink adventures by Bissel Stomp and go. That's what I would have done-----stomp and go mad!!!!Angry
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2017 at 6:12pm
http://www.cleanfreak.com/cf/sds/bissell-stomp-n-go-pads.pdf

hydrogen peroxide according to the MSDS.

HMMM! They must not actually want you to have the MSDS because the link no longer takes you to the actual document...

Reaction with the resin and glue in the recycled cardboard?
Or the formaldehyde in the wood substance.

Edited by Joe Friday - 19 Mar. 2017 at 10:46pm
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2017 at 6:58pm
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2017 at 7:04pm
......LOL.......

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2017 at 7:09pm
Something else to avoid. That cave is looking better every day but I’m gonna need the PTO operational if it’s gonna run the generator!
    1945 CJ2a 11495
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2017 at 8:33pm
Well Bissell was no help. The guy told me to try and clean it up with soap and water and if that didn't work I should call back. Since I have no idea how soap and water might react with the corrosive powder in the cabinet I'm not about to "try" something. I filed a report with the U S Product Safety Commission. They told me to hold on to the package so let's see what happens next.
 Post Reply Post Reply