Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

30 Year Gem! 46 CJ2A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2017 at 3:59am
Nice early CJ, Doc! I'm very glad to hear that you don't want to modify her too much

And x2 on what the other Rick G said about the tow bar. When I was a young lad and had just got my 2a, I was driving along about 25-30 mph when my tow bar dropped and dug in the road. Wheee, that was exciting! Folded the tow bar around my heavy duty bumper and lifted the front of the jeep off the ground    Made the 20 mile tow-trip back home with a warped tow bar very "interesting ".
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2017 at 4:11am
When I dropped the tow bar on mine I was by myself. I pushed it back over center by myself and put the bolt and ratchet strap back on. I was running on the front axle to get the Jeep around to reinstall the rear driveshaft after flat towing it to UT. No pictures and nobody ever asked about why the paint is worn off of the hitch.
uncamonkey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12