Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hope Yall Don't Mind

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 3:44am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Don't be deceived Willy.  Even our beloved 2Apage is not immune to the "fake news" produced by the 3X guys.  When you are in that situation, all it takes is three little magic words and they turn green with envy:   bow storage brackets 
Cool

You crack me up Jeff.  I actually laughed out loud.LOL

I must admit...bow brackets are pretty cool.  But...who doesn't want more leg room?

BOOM back at ya!

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 4:04am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Don't be deceived Willy.  Even our beloved 2Apage is not immune to the "fake news" produced by the 3X guys.  When you are in that situation, all it takes is three little magic words and they turn green with envy:   bow storage brackets 
Cool

True!, but they rub on skinny bridge rails .....

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 8:47am
Welcome, all Jeep related jiberish seems acceptable here.

Most important fact is proper 2a's don't have there gear shift on the floor..... .

The ones that do are quite odd to me
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 9:43am
Bow brackets are cool, but really only a physical manifestation of a deeper coolness... 2A's are closer to the Bantam/MA/MB mother root, and 3A's are closer to the AMC/Chrysler mutation...Wink

You can deny evolution, but you can't outrun it LOL

(Full disclosure, my next flatty will likely be a 3A, lol)
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Bufordjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 11:37am
Truth be told, many of us would love to have one of each iteration of Jeep.  Suspect some on this page have or are close. Kind of like stray dogs, wanna bring'em all home.
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Bufordjeep Bufordjeep wrote:

Truth be told, many of us would love to have one of each iteration of Jeep.  Suspect some on this page have or are close. Kind of like stray dogs, wanna bring'em all home.
Woof woof
1973 Saab 96
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by athawk11 athawk11 wrote:

.....But...who doesn't want more leg room? .....BOOM back at ya!
What about the 3A guy driving on a bumpy trail and his un-secure top bow bounces up and puts his eye out? Ouch....... but hey, at least he had plenty of leg room!
Originally posted by Adrian Adrian wrote:

......Most important fact is proper 2a's don't have there gear shift on the floor.....  
Adrian makes a good point. What about the 3A guy coming down a cliffhanger and his brakes go out?  The column shifter can always be depended on when you want to hang your tranny up in 2 gears

CJ2A - "The difference between life and death!" - jpet
Remember, "if you ain't first,.... yer last" - Reese Bobby
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
dandjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dandjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 3:03pm
I like 2a's .......cause I got one!Smile

47 cj2a
Warn O/D
03 Rubicon

RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2017 at 3:48pm
M38! Hey can you really ford 60" of water in that rig? Yep, hold my beer and watch this..Help!! gurgle gurgle glub glub!!!
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 12:10am
I'm putting an M38 windshield, top bows and all the brackets on my 2a. I already have them and I like them better. Mine is a CJM238A, M38 frame and body parts, 2A tub and a1954 Henry J supersonic engine. Most people call all flattys Army jeeps anyway.

Edited by leecarr - 21 July 2017 at 12:19am
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 12:23am
Originally posted by leecarr leecarr wrote:

Most people call all flattys Army jeeps anyway.

So true. Even after I tell them mine is a '47 (and with a 3A windshield) They still call it a Army Jeep. Sure doesn't help that it is paint green though
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 6:53am
all Willys jeeps are cool, even the ugly 3Bs (what, you have valves in your head, boy?!?!?).  But everyone knows the envy of all the world is the 2a.  Everything after that model was just for creature comfort.Cool
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Rick G Rick G wrote:

all Willys jeeps are cool, even the ugly 3Bs (what, you have valves in your head, boy?!?!?).  But everyone knows the envy of all the world is the 2a.  Everything after that model was just for creature comfort.Cool

Ugly 3B he says    , I do not understand how one fails to see beauty there ...... Also if it were not for the late style CJ2A frame, the CJ3A may well have been a weakling

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Lee (MN) Lee (MN) wrote:

...if it were not for the late style CJ2A frame, the CJ3A may well have been a weakling...

LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 1:13pm
...well in that case, if it weren't for the early 2A, the late 2A and 3X would have no frame at all!Shocked

...... you're welcome.Cool

Edited by jpet - 21 July 2017 at 1:15pm
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 3:00pm
What's with all the "A"'s?

I'm thinking CJ2 AGRIJEEP !

Without it, the 2A wouldn't exist.

Gotta love that Agrilounger.
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 11:13pm
CJ-2A, Worlds first SUV!.....all the other funny non shiny green ones were just a military order, although I do like them as well
1973 Saab 96
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 1:12am
Perhaps the Late CJ2A with is superior, more robust frame should have been called the CJ2B break the chain of A's
much like the beautiful and more powerful 3B

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>