Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do on your Jeep today - January 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do on your Jeep today - January 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 2:25am
unkamonkey- that might be worthless but it's still interesting! What v6? The 225 would have been a pretty new engine then, but I guess the studios had the money to buy a couple. I wondered how the jeeps were set up, or if they went through jeeps the way the dukes of hazzard went through chargers.  Watching the show they seem to hold up ok to the abuse, although jumping the dunes at the beginning is about as rough as they got. 

Leecarr when I watched the beginning of the very first episode, they jumped the sand dune at the start of a raid and you can see one of the gunners all but fall out. They must have reshot it for the main opening sequence they used after that because the guys stay in much better. 

Anyways you can tell I've got too much time on my hands here. 
wheelie View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 4:04am
Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

Yeah, I remember all of those old shows. In Rat Patrol the Jeeps ran V6s. There is a lot of worthless information in my head.

"You are a well from which much knowledge can be pumped."------unknown
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 4:34am
Originally posted by leecarr leecarr wrote:

I wish you guys would stop calling them "old" shows, doesn't say much for us guys that watched them as kids. How did that guy ever survive that sand dune jump holding on to that machine gun?

I used to love watching Rat Partol as a kid too.  That jump looked like it should have broke his back.
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 5:33am
Depending the year, 1961 would have been a 198 V6. Damn good motor. I believe the series was a bit later than that.
uncamonkey
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 10:21am
Well this post is what my Jeep did to me....

Unloading my son's Jeep - via a comedy of errors and an extremely slick trailer deck, I slipped, fell and wound up half under the Jeep with my right leg taking a huge hit and getting semi pinned/wedged between the edge of the trailer and the Jeep bumper. I laid there for a moment 100% sure I broke my leg. But after moving around a bit, I realized it's ok. Pretty bad contusions and abrasions - but not broken. Thank goodness. 

Now i need to limp myself to the truck and drive three hours to buy a Jeep trailer. This ought to be and interesting day.....
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 7:12pm
Ouch!

My wife finally had shoulder surgery on Dec 7, three years after getting t-boned by a young, inattentive driver. I've been spending almost all of my time since the surgery taking care of her and ferrying to physical therapy and back.

Beware that 'not broken' is not 'uninjured'. Go see your doc if things hurt too much or too long. It might be a good idea to go in anyway. We didn't pin down Tichelle's torn rotator cuff for almost 13 months after the accident because of the pain of all the other soft tissue damage.

Rest up and get healed!
Les
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 7:25pm
Drained radiator and pulled the head in prep for replacing all the valves/ guides, springs. Nbr 4 intake and nbr 3 exhaust are way to wobbly, the others were seated so I'll have to bump it around to see how they look. It was really noisey at idle and low rpm quieted down at mid to high rpms.  Finally back up in the low 60s from our wintry spell. 

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

One2baja View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One2baja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 10:54pm
Didn't do much to the Jeep today since I'm kinda at a standstill waiting on my OTC hub puller.  Got up in the attic at the in the garage and found my old Jerry can and original speedometer!

"I think that I have seen it all until tomorrow"

'46 CJ2A # 45124   
'47 CJ2A #104643 "Betsy"
'49 CJ2A # ??
'80 XJ
'95 ZJ
'17 WK2
jaksjep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaksjep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2018 at 1:46am
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

Unloading my son's Jeep - via a comedy of errors and an extremely slick trailer deck, I slipped, fell and wound up half under the Jeep with my right leg taking a huge hit and getting semi pinned/wedged between the edge of the trailer and the Jeep bumper. I laid there for a moment 100% sure I broke my leg. But after moving around a bit, I realized it's ok. Pretty bad contusions and abrasions - but not broken. Thank goodness. 

Now i need to limp myself to the truck and drive three hours to buy a Jeep trailer. This ought to be and interesting day.....

I suggest you get a medical exam for your leg.  That type of injury can result in blood clots forming and eventually getting loose and visiting your heart or lungs.  This visit could be FATAL.
My posts are my personal opinion and are not legal advice as I am not an attorney. If you act on any of my comments you do so at your own risk.
Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2018 at 2:31am
After 70 years, today she got new shocks.
Removed the Monroe shocks bearing all the numbers of an original set. Absolutely no rebound or compression left in them.

Replaced them with Rancho RS55119. Backs look great but I'm a little concerned that the fronts appear nearly compressed at rest.

They were a bit of a PIA. Thanks to the individual who suggested using a cut out PVC pipe connector as a compressor. Those cotter pins are tough to get back in there. I spent nearly six hours on it.

I took her for a test drive just around the block. Previously, when I jammed on the brakes, she would dive badly. This time, she didn't and felt much more planted around corners. Just a short ride. Cant wait to get it off road. She was a kidney buster.

Micah

Cool, a sideways picture this time.

Edited by Steelyard Blues - 21 Jan. 2018 at 2:41am
1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2018 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by jaksjep jaksjep wrote:

Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

I suggest you get a medical exam for your leg.  That type of injury can result in blood clots forming and eventually getting loose and visiting your heart or lungs.  This visit could be FATAL.

Thanks guys. Got checked out. All is good - just some bad contusions to deal with. Not really in any pain. Just tough to move about because of the swelling. MUCH better today. 

Appreciate the concern and advice.
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2018 at 2:59am
I moved it out of the way to make room for the M416 restoration. ( I use that term loosely)  It was bittersweet, but it should be  fairly quick project compared to the Willys.  It will serve as practice before tackling the 2A repairs and painting.
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
Willys1948 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willys1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2018 at 3:16am
Hello all new to forum and working on my 48cj2a today 
Installed hood decal today. 
Willys-1948&1952
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2018 at 3:52am
NICE!!

Welcome to the jeep addiction support group!. Here, we all cheer on our afflicted friends to buy more jeeps, parts, and tools.
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
Willys1948 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willys1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2018 at 4:07am
Thanks ya I have it bad I’m working on my 48 now and also have a 52 that’s done.. for now!
Willys-1948&1952
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2018 at 5:16am
Originally posted by LesBerg LesBerg wrote:

Welcome to the jeep addiction support group!. Here, we all cheer on our afflicted friends to buy more jeeps, parts, and tools.

That's right.  Nobody here is here to help you quit the Jeep addiction but to help make it stronger.  You're welcome!  LOL
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
bigdaddy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdaddy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2018 at 6:12am

Added a bit of personal flair.:) i've got a thing for vintage "work truck" signage.
Doodledad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodledad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2018 at 12:09pm
I like your sign skills! Nice work.
46 2A 29938 (unrestored driver)
51 3A "Wilma"
55 3B Fountain
47 2A Yard Art
97 XJ “Lafaunduh”
00 TJ RockCrawler "Hooker"
13 Rubicon JKU "Alice"
48 C2A Eileen
00 TJ frame off resto “Stacy”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>