Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorado Fall Color Tours 2018!! - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2018 - 22 Sep. 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2018 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

Originally posted by Bridog Bridog wrote:

It did occur to me though that we have done Chinaman’s the last 3 years (the only 3 years we have been to FCT) and every year somebody has been up on their driver’s side 2 tires. Guess we will see who’s turn it is next year. 

Wish it would be me, but alas I am stuck here in Jr. High for at least 5 more years. 

They keep holding ya back Stan??
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2018 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by RICKG RICKG wrote:

Originally posted by Bridog Bridog wrote:

It did occur to me though that we have done Chinaman’s the last 3 years (the only 3 years we have been to FCT) and every year somebody has been up on their driver’s side 2 tires. Guess we will see who’s turn it is next year. 

Wish it would be me, but alas I am stuck here in Jr. High for at least 5 more years. 

They keep holding ya back Stan??

Gosh, I hope they let him graduate. LOL
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2018 at 2:28pm
Great video Rick. I would have made it up the Double Whammy but my tranny fluid was a little low.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2018 at 4:48pm

Don't worry Stan, if you study hard and spend a little more time in the library, you'll get there!Thumbs Up
Tom
1949 CJ3A

3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2018 at 8:38pm
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2018 at 8:42pm
Thanks Mike and Nancy. Loved my first FCT. Hope it is not my last. You did a great job managing 62 (?) of us. The trails were great as were the people. You did a great job herding cats. Nancy, you have a wonderful (and energetic view of life). Again, thanks,

3a Steve
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2018 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Great video Rick. I would have made it up the Double Whammy but my tranny fluid was a little low.

I had no idea how important tranny fluid was🤪.  I’m making it a checklist item.👍🏻  Now that I know how it can help you, there’s no telling the obstacles I can conquer!😁
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2018 at 12:31am
Finally got some pics to post:

Edited by tamnalan - 08 Oct. 2018 at 12:41am
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2018 at 12:37am
Alan, these pics didn't come through. Had enough trouble posting one from my new MAC that I can empathize. Enjoyed Ouray.

3a Steve

3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2018 at 12:48am
Got it now. 
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2018 at 12:51am
Thanks Steve - figured out my mistake, I think.  Here's more:

Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2018 at 1:06am
What an epic week.  Thanks so much to Mike and Nancy!!  What a magical place.

I had the honor of accompanying 3A Stev and his son ... oh, crap, senior moment...  Scott?  for a few days in Ouray after the FCT split up.  They have family history there.   It was just superb!

Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2018 at 1:21am
Whoops - a few more: Aspen Ridge military jeeps, Mt Princeton, and a job opportunity in a high cost area

.  Thanks so much to Mike and Nancy.  Thanks so much to Rick and Donalee for the seat on Chinaman.  Thanks so much for getting to spend the day with Dylan and Micah on our expedition to Italian Creek.   Driving back over Tincup at night in the rain was a whole new experience for me, and those two fine young men coaxed me right through!  Thanks so much to Steve and his son for the perfect Ouray nightcap to a wonderful jeep meal.

In sum: I don't think I lost any friends, and my current friendships got stronger, and I made some new friends!  It just doesn't get much better than that.

Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2018 at 1:35am
Originally posted by Rick G Rick G wrote:

Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

I had no idea how important tranny fluid was🤪.  I’m making it a checklist item.👍🏻  Now that I know how it can help you, there’s no telling the obstacles I can conquer!😁

I would like to be able to congratulate you guys on figuring out a secret that will lead to more successful climbs. But in reality the automatic transmission fluid issue is kinda like a hydraulic inclinometer. And in Blueberry’s case it sometimes uses better judgement about what obstacles to attempt than it’s driver does.

That was a great day and if I had one thing I could have changed, it would not have been to add an extra quart of tranny fluid, but to put a few rocks at the base of that obstacle for my good friend Dale in his CJ7. He was so close and getting his frontend just a few inches higher up would have probably made his attempt successful.   

aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2018 at 1:35am
2 for $400...that must have been in Telluride!   Thanks for the great pics, Alan!
Tom
1949 CJ3A

tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2018 at 1:50am
Originally posted by aboyandhisdog aboyandhisdog wrote:

2 for $400...that must have been in Telluride!   Thanks for the great pics, Alan!

Welcome!  Yes Telluride was a shock.  Lunch for the three of us was almost $100 with tip.  The waitress offered three different water choices.  This photo was in Mitchell, SD on my way back to Ohio.  I spent one night in Buffalo, WY and woke to 3 inches of new snow on my truck's hood.  A day later I hit 80 degree, humid weather in South Bend, Indiana.
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2018 at 6:42am
Was that a JK or a JL that tumbled down the hill?  I wonder if someone is planning to go back and get it...  Question
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2018 at 1:16pm
2 for $400.  I wonder if that sign is the reason they are hiring, because the guy who put up the numbers got canned.  Alan, thanks for the great photos!  I'm glad you posted.  This adds to the wonderful memories. 

Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Was that a JK or a JL that tumbled down the hill?  I wonder if someone is planning to go back and get it...  Question

Ol' Un, somebody will be going after that Jeep.  The FS will go after the owner to get it pulled out of there.  And if the owner doesn't do it within a set timeframe, then the agency may get it towed and bill the owner for the tow bill, plus fines, plus admin fees.  The FS does not generally let folks abandon vehicles on National Forest land.  If they did, the place would look like a truck graveyard.

Edited by m38mike - 08 Oct. 2018 at 1:22pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839>