Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

26th Annual Spring Willys Reunion - Event Date: 18 May 2018 - 19 May 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willysreunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 26th Annual Spring Willys Reunion
    Posted: 11 Jan. 2018 at 1:58am
Please come join us for the 26th Annual Spring Willys Reunion. May 18-19, 2018. East to a new location in Aurora, Ohio and will feature special events, prizes, in-depth technical presentations, parts vendors (New Old Stock, take off, and reproduction), Willys Jeep folklore, and a “playground” filled with Willys and Jeep classics. A special presentation on the Alaska or Rust 2017 Run, will be given by the the infamous Dave Eilers of eWillys.com

We will be building a complete L134 Jeep engine onsite, using a NEW Allied engine block. After completion, the engine will be raffled off during the banquet on Saturday night.
Tickets are available for online purchase as well (need not be present to win but the winner is responsible for shipping/transportation)

Make your reservations now and be sure to mention the “Willys Reunion” to receive our group discount on your room.

http://willysreunion.com/swr18.htm

Edited by russnj - 21 Jan. 2018 at 3:57pm
Art C

Willys Reunion Staff - (Web Administrator)

http://willysreunion.com/
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 5:01am
Glad to hear this event moved further east again!!   In a quick look, it appears to be a nice venue!  Marking on my calendar.    Any chance there is an off-road park reasonably close that we could arrange a trail ride before this?  I would love to wheel with Jpet, BobW and anyone else again,   like we did prior to Great Willys Picnic a couple years ago.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 11:23am
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

.  .....Any chance there is an off-road park reasonably close that we could arrange a trail ride before this?  I would love to wheel with Jpet, BobW and anyone else again,   like we did prior to Great Willys Picnic a couple years ago.
I’m working on this.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

Any chance there is an off-road park reasonably close that we could arrange a trail ride before this?  I would love to wheel with Jpet, BobW and anyone else again,   like we did prior to Great Willys Picnic a couple years ago.

I'm in!
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 4:48pm
Theres a park about 30 min away
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 4:57pm
The park that is 30 minutes away is Southington Off-road park:

http://www.southingtonoffroad.com/

... the problem is, they are only open for wheeling on Saturday and Sunday. I'm trying to see if I can work something out with them. I'd prefer to be going home on Sunday rather than out wheeling. If anyone who is familiar with NE Ohio wheeling, please PM me.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

The park that is 30 minutes away is Southington Off-road park:

http://www.southingtonoffroad.com/

... the problem is, they are only open for wheeling on Saturday and Sunday. I'm trying to see if I can work something out with them. I'd prefer to be going home on Sunday rather than out wheeling. If anyone who is familiar with NE Ohio wheeling, please PM me.

If Bob Christy or Joe Friday does not reply, send an email to   https://www.4wd.com/   they are just southeast of the venue....

45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 3:45pm
is this the “MidEast Willys Jeep reunion”? Are all my tee-shirts and posters obsolete? Dang, time to buy new tires and find a co-pilot. I swear if this show moves to Pennsylvania I’m gonna complain.....not that anyone should care.....I’d still come, but I’d complain. I don’t want to end up like Stan and wreck my Jeep, trailer and truck by taking a nap.Ouch

You know what though? To all those who put these shows together the kind of work that is required is mind boggling. If they wanted it in Timbuktu I’d still go.....I’d whine a lot but dadgummit I’d continue my support. (I just didn’t want those that don’t know me to think I was a bitchy malcontent...I’m just a smart ass)

Edited by damar2yxr - 20 Jan. 2018 at 6:31pm
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by damar2yxr damar2yxr wrote:

is this the “MidEast Willys Jeep reunion”? Are all my tee-shirts and posters obsolete? Dang, time to buy new tires and find a co-pilot. I swear if this show moves to Pennsylvania I’m gonna complain.....not that anyone should care.....I’d still come, but I’d complain. I don’t want to end up like Stan and wreck my Jeep, trailer and truck by taking a nap.Ouch

Dave, I feel your pain.

I'm kinda thinking if I'm going to trailer that far I may wait till June and go to Bob's Picnic. The only thing with that is its just one day....lotsa driving.

Thinking I just won't be trailering if I go.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 5:04pm

But Dave- Your jeep needs some patina !
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2018 at 3:29am

iI swear if this show moves to Pennsylvania I’m gonna complain.....not that anyone should care.....I’d still come, but I’d complain. I don’t want to end up like Stan and wreck my Jeep, trailer and truck by taking a nap.Ouch

So nice to know that I have become a standard and an example to other members of the forum. Of what NOT TO DO!  I’m so proud. Confused
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2018 at 4:20am
Stan, you're a dual example: don't drive when you shouldn't, BUT--never give up on your Jeep!! Thumbs Up
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2018 at 2:10pm
Sorry Stan but as tragic as that event was and that your guardian angle was watching over you, as time passes it all becomes part of your legend. That legend becomes embedded in the lore of jeep stories that are recited over countless reunion late night fires. If your story can save a life it will have been worth it. Let’s see......Grandpas Jeep resurrection, Bam Bams evolution, Alaska or rust, Lowenufs 45, Good ‘ol Alan, Sean and all the other ones I can’t remember at this moment.
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2018 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Stan, you're a dual example: don't drive when you shouldn't, BUT--never give up on your Jeep!! Thumbs Up

+1  Thumbs Up
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2018 at 3:20pm

You know what though? To all those who put these shows together the kind of work that is required is mind boggling. If they wanted it in Timbuktu I’d still go.....I’d whine a lot but dadgummit I’d continue my support. (I just didn’t want those that don’t know me to think I was a bitchy malcontent...I’m just a smart ass)

Now that is funny, because if you like, we can take the 40 minute drive eastward and you will be in Penn..  lol
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2018 at 3:46pm
Yes but if you add all the 'inçremental' changes it adds up.

'Hudson is not much farther than Mason'....'Aurora isn't much past Hudson'....yada, yada, yada

I understand locations to please the most people, no problem.....but it's not "Midwest".

Not complaining, I understand 'boots on the ground' aspect of it.

Maybe some of the East coasters that 'say' they would come actually will.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2018 at 5:06am
Did you guys notice we pulled the “Midwest “ from the name a few years ago? We did that because of the show being held in Ohio. I loved the venue last year but it is being torn down the build a hospital last I heard. My problem is trying to find a venue every year is enough to make you pull your hair out. At this point all I’ve got left of my youth is my hair so I’d love to keep that!

I know it’s a long drive for you guys but we are trying to keep it fresh and interesting for y’all. I think watching Merlin and joe build an engine is going to be great, plus having David Eilers speak will top off a great reunion.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
minnow1193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minnow1193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2018 at 8:52pm
As a native NE Ohioan, I consider myself a midwesterner. At least here in Florida that's what I call myself. Better than being called a Yankee. ☺☺☺

I'm happy the reunion is where it is. I grew up right around there. Used to ride my bike right past where the Bertram is now on my way to Geauga Lake. I'm using the event as an excuse to get back up to visit old friends and meet some of you in person finally. 

I'm seriously considering dragging my '48 wagon up if there's anyone interested in buying it. I'd rather it go to Willys folks. It's worn, but mostly intact and original. I don't want to see it molested too much. 

1948 Delivery 2wd. Runs and drives. 12v conversion. 
If anyone has interest, PM me. 

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by minnow1193 - 29 Jan. 2018 at 9:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>