Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

26th Annual Spring Willys Reunion - Event Date: 18 May 2018 - 19 May 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2019 at 5:29am
Originally posted by bobevans bobevans wrote:

Any plans for off-roading with the Reunion? I know Jeff was typically the driving force behind the wheelin' portion. Anyone else stepping into the breach?

Hopefully we do some off-roading prior,

I was wondering same thing?  Should we plan on an repeat of last year,  at your place,  or maybe take another attempt at arranging something closer like Southington or other? 
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2019 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by JeepFever.... or maybe take another attempt at arranging something closer like Southington or other?[/QUOTE JeepFever.... or maybe take another attempt at arranging something closer like Southington or other?[/QUOTE wrote:

I think Southington is more like a club, so unless someone knows somebody in the club, I don't think that w
I think Southington is more like a club, so unless someone knows somebody in the club, I don't think that will work. Too bad. It's only 30 miles away. I'm fine with doing "the Farm" again if we are invited.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2019 at 3:04am
48cj2a asked me to remove the 2019 reunion post.
I was just tying to be helpful for the folks that wanted the info!
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2019 at 3:33am
Helpful yes, but premature...just as I asked for some patience a few posts back.

I politely asked you to delete this because the website is not ready yet...and this is the 2018 thread.

Once the website is ready I'll Officially announce it under the Willys Reunion username in a new 2019 thread.

thank you!
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2019 at 3:55am
My bad, just trying to help folks out with the info I saw. Certainly no sarcasm was intended, just some misinterpretation.

Edited by 3-48s - 14 Jan. 2019 at 10:41pm
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2019 at 4:49am
Sorry my impatience may have started something.  LOL    I was only interested in the dates, not necessarily any details.    

Last week,  I noticed on our company vacation calendar that one particular week in May was very popular,  and there was only one spot left to take vacation on Thurs and Friday.    I did not want to take a chance of losing that spot,  so went ahead and blocked it off. 

I saw today's deleted post before it was gone . .   looks like  I made a good move. Smile
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2019 at 11:50am
Ron,

Several of the Reunion committee members are frequent posters here on the 2a page forum so no harm in asking. The future dates are always posted on the actual Reunion webpage as soon as they are solidified.

Bob sent out a mass email a little premature which points to the webpage and the current details are just not completely accurate enough for the page to go live. So that fault is on us...

All this does is spark a bunch of questions if there is an error officially posted so it has been past practice to not make any announcements until the webpage is correct. We do not post the new information in the previous years thread as this starts a whole bunch of dialog to expired information. 

Yes it is helpful when someone does see something that will benefit all and would like to share. All I did was send a quick PM to the poster in this case and ask them to delete it until we were ready to announce it ourselves.

Its unfortunate some have to air their sarcasm in the open and then stir the pot with additional unneeded comments of more sarcasmThumbs Down. I can't help what an admin posts on their own personal website that no one else can actually post themselves on.

Watch for a 2019 Announcement thread  - probably in the next couple days while I wait for an answer to my final draft of the website to be edit reviewed to a special drawing we are having and all registration/reunion ware prices to be accurate.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 4:12am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Originally posted by JeepFever.... or maybe take another attempt at arranging something closer like Southington or other?</td></tr></table>I think Southington is more like a club, so unless someone knows somebody in the club, I don't think that will work.  Too bad.  It's only 30 miles away.  I'm fine with doing the Farm again if we are invited.[/QUOTE JeepFever.... or maybe take another attempt at arranging something closer like Southington or other?
I think Southington is more like a club, so unless someone knows somebody in the club, I don't think that will work. Too bad. It's only 30 miles away. I'm fine with doing the Farm again if we are invited.[/QUOTE wrote:

I would be more than happy to host an offroad excursion. I really enjoy having Jeeps on the place. The distance from the actual Reunion is a little far, especially for folks coming from the west or south. But it's right on my way ! If we go, hopefully it will be a little less sloppy.

I would be more than happy to host an offroad excursion. I really enjoy having Jeeps on the place. The distance from the actual Reunion is a little far, especially for folks coming from the west or south. But it's right on my way ! If we go, hopefully it will be a little less sloppy.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
willysreunion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willysreunion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 12:02pm
Guys,

Could we please begin a new thread in the 2019 Reunion Topic if you are planning an Offroad Event and lets close all the dialog in the old 2018 Reunion Event.
Art C

Willys Reunion Staff - (Web Administrator)

http://willysreunion.com/
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 1:40pm
Will do willysreunion: let’s move the chatter over here:

2019 Willys Reunion Thursday Wheeling
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213