Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seeking interest in Wisconsin camp n swap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seeking interest in Wisconsin camp n swap
    Posted: 08 Mar. 2018 at 1:45am
Looking to see what kind of interest there may be for a September get together - camp, parts swap, scavenger hunt, sasquach seeking, edible mushroom hunting. 

I am doing some leg work for putting this together and would like to know if people would be interested enough for me to move forward with it.

Probably 6,7,8,9 of September 2018 or near there. 

Friday night movie and possibly a Saturday night movie

Maybe a driving scavenger hunt for during the day Saturday, slowest craw competition.

I'm a little on the odd side so hopefully that explains the interesting combo. 

Would be at a private campground in middle East area of Wisconsin

Possible name of the event:

Camping fees paid to campground - plus reasonable event fee (not worked out yet)

Flat fenders, Fungi and Foil Hat Follys

So anybody think that this sounds fun and would consider attending if the dates worked for them?

Beep Beep!
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2018 at 2:50am
Sounds interesting!, the date is a busy weekend, usually lots going on the weekend after Labor Day, just say'in.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2018 at 3:52am
Does sound interesting but that is also the Fall Willys Reunion weekend in Fulton MO.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Bufordjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2018 at 3:57am
I'd be interested.  Any towns in mind?
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2018 at 3:35pm
 Thinking of near or north of Crivitz. Thanks for your interest!
Beep Beep!
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2018 at 3:40pm
Thanks for letting me know that. I looked at the distance from me to Fulton MO. Looks like 6.5 hrs non stop. I am on the south side of Wisconsin on the border - others who live further north would have much longer to travel for a weekend. 

Additionally the weekend after Labor day is still decent weather usually, much later and it may hit freezing at night - not the greatest for camping.

It's a work in progress - was thinking of labor day weekend but I am sure other people have plans already.

Thanks!
Beep Beep!
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2018 at 3:43pm
Middle east of Wisconsin? I always thought of Crivitz as Northern Wisconsin......no worries though, I have a cabin up near Pembine so its almost like home.Wink
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2018 at 6:35pm
basically marinette county wisconsin. Slightly north of middle of Wisconsin and a bit on the east side. Well within the limits of the cheddar curtain. Near Wildman country. 

Take a left at the big tree after you cross the river.
Beep Beep!
Bufordjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2018 at 12:00pm
On the way to Florence...
Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2018 at 3:35am

Please take the time to go to the Facebook page I created for this event, read the event description, and vote on the possibility of attending. Click the blue hyperlink below or search facebook for Flatfenders Fungi and Foil Hat Follys

I am Peat Moss on Facebook

Athelstane Wisconsin - Thortons River Rafting Resort - there is a paintball field, a bar, cabins to rent (or tent sites or rv sites, fishing in the peshtigo river across the street, and more. 

Please dont forget to like the page to keep up with firming up actually happening and event updates. 

Sept 7,8,9 2018

Thank you!

Beep Beep!
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2018 at 6:30pm
That sounds like a lot of fun and I'd really like to attend but that weekend doesn't work out for me.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2018 at 3:03am
I am not so sure this will work out. The interest / attendance looks like it may be low. I would love to put together a meet n swap for jeep parts and fun in Wisconsin. Before I reinvent the wheel is there an event that takes place in Wisconsin already? Or Northern Illinois? 

Thank you.

Mushroom
Beep Beep!
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2018 at 11:58am
That's too bad... sounded like a lot of fun. I would still be interested in a similar event on a different date.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Mushroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2018 at 12:36pm
I am still planning on putting together some kind of event for Willys owner's in Wisconsin. The date seemed bad.

Also are there any willys events in Wisconsin already?

Is there a month that people would prefer if it involved camping?

Thanks!
Beep Beep!
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2018 at 1:02pm
I'm not aware of any other Jeep events going on in WI. For camping, May through Sept is my preference. This year May and Sept are heavily booked for me. The best time for me this year is June and July.  
Joe DeYoung

Post Reply Post Reply