Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 Cheap Jeep's Meet-N-Ride - Event Date: 27 Sep. 2018 - 29 Sep. 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_minn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 3:08am
Al’s towing and recovery RV is making its way through the swamps of Kentucky and will be arriving Thursday morning!  Presently in Cave City and heading to Columbia tomorrow to straighten out the boys up there.  (Brought 100 plus feet of heavy tow strap so those guys can get out and play).  Seriously, looking forward to seeing everybody and a great ride!
——Al & Marilyn
Black Sheep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 1:37pm
sandusky
  Sorry to hear about the back pain. Hopefully the cortawhwatever will help and you will be able to see the beautful ride the boys have laid out for us. Glad your still coming and have a safe trip.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 1:39pm
Al
 Maybe we can squeeeze in a thursday evening ride and let the Columbia boys redeem themselves at the Wit Marsh!!!!!!
FiremanBrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanBrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 4:34pm
Taylor and I are planning on being there mid afternoon Thursday.  We would love to see the redo of the creek crossing!  I am thinking about pulling his 53 with my JL......

How are the creeks?  Y'all have gotten a little more rain in KY than we have in North central AL.
TrailerPark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrailerPark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 5:25pm
Looking forward to this weekend y’all, and yes Greg n Steve I finally registered lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep. 2018 at 6:59pm
Well
  The streams and creeks are not dry!!! We are beginning to feel like ducks around here. We have had several inches but mostly at a moderate rates. A few places have flood issue but if you have been here at the farm you know there ain't no way we are gonna flood in this area. The creeks have been fairly decent and I don't expect any Issues.
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2018 at 3:21am
Me and Lee Ann had esteemed company tonight with Al, Marilyn and their friend Wally joining us. We had a tour of the farm and my old stomping grounds and a light snack before returning them to their home away from home in a lovely WM parking lot. 

Wally got a little insight on what to expect over the next few days; narrow roads, tobacco fields, creeks, tobacco barns, narrow roads, Al needling me and me needling Al, while Marilyn just shakes her head. Great to have you guys, let’s make this a pre-ride tradition!

Weather is looking great for the weekend. It’s definately been damp, but the rain is suppose to end Wednesday/Thursday morning. 

Tomorrow is last checks of the Jeeps, loading and a final trip to Wally World for groceries and supplies. Thursday we roll into Tompkinsville!

Looking forward to seeing all of our friends again and making new ones. Al commented tonight what a great group of people attend Lonnie’s ride and I couldn’t agree more. See ya’ll soon!
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2018 at 3:24am
Looking forward to this weekend y’all, and yes Greg n Steve I finally registered lol

I knew as soon as I saw the screen name who it was! Welcome to the page brother!

Can’t wait to see some miles put on that Tux Park!
Jolly Rodger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolly Rodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep. 2018 at 11:19pm
I regret that I'm not going to be able attend this year. I'll miss seeing Lonnie, Marilyn, Troy and all the fellow Jeepers. I wish everyone safe travels, and enjoy your rides.
Til we Jeep again,
John

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2018 at 1:50am
John I hate your not gonna make it. I told everyone
That you where coming! Now I’m gonna have to eat all the food they ordered for you!
      Dang!
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2018 at 2:31am
I am not able to make it this year. Mindy and I are sad about it, we really had a good time last year.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Sheep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2018 at 2:45am
I’m gonna miss watching that beautiful Jeep getting a little mud on the tires! 
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep. 2018 at 4:04am
We’re Heading out in a The AM. About a 8 hour Drive. The 2a is loaded on the trailer, and the truck is loaded! See all soon ! Safe Travels All ! 
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2018 at 1:46am
Here, and all set up for the night!
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2018 at 3:28am
Arrived and Filled up on Pizza. Settling in for the night at the hotel. Will head to Deweese Farms in the AM. To setup and prepare for the days events. 
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2018 at 5:55pm
My friends kids all seem to want to get married at the end of September for some reason...I keep telling them not to get married from mid sept to New Years but they just won't listen!
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2018 at 1:21am
I am home. I had to leave my travelling sidekick behind due to trailer failure on the arrival. Hope fully he can be back on the road tomorrow.

I want to give a HUGE shout out to Troy and his family and friends, who opened their property and hearts to John & Patty Waddle and myself, without reservation, especially after he met me in the driveway with the look of "who are you".....lol,  and made us feel welcome the whole time !!!! There still are GOOD people in this world !!!!!

And a huge thank you to Lonnie and Marilyn, for allowing us to celebrate in your special event, we are so humbled to be considered friend(s) enough to partake in your moment !!!!!!! 

And to all the friends I already knew, and the new ones I made, it was a pleasure to spend "jeeping time" with you as always......

God bless to everyone, and videos and pics to come as soon as I recover from the case of asphalt butt that I have..... LOL
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

FiremanBrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanBrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2018 at 2:01am
Thanks ALL!!!  I definitely have a new appreciation of "FAMILY"!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>