Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do to your jeep today Feburary 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your jeep today Feburary 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do to your jeep today Feburary 2019
    Posted: 03 Feb. 2019 at 9:08pm
Another new month so we need to hear and see what your up to on your jeep.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2019 at 9:50pm
I just installed a mechanical brake light switch in my 48. The repro original type didn't even last a year. It was a quick easy job.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2019 at 10:58pm
Finishing up reinstalling FF axles after replacing seals. Ordering parts to do a tie rod flip

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2019 at 11:04pm
Where did you mount it, and what style switch did you go with? If mine dies again I will probably go to mechanical. 
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2019 at 12:40am
Originally posted by Millennium falcon Millennium falcon wrote:

Where did you mount it, and what style switch did you go with? If mine dies again I will probably go to mechanical. 

I used a napa sl128 switch attached to the master cylinder access plate. The switch lever fits under the brake pedal arm. 

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2019 at 12:47am
Did you leave the old one in or plug it?

I've never had any trouble but had a buddy that had one that blew out the end after it failed electrically.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2019 at 12:49am
Just left it in place.
AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2019 at 4:18am
They were calling for highs in the low 70’s today so I couldn’t resist the opportunity to drive Thumper to church with no top in February.
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2019 at 5:06am
I cut the axle u-bolts of parts Jeep 2 I just got.
48willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2019 at 1:27pm
Got it out to move the firewood trailer,and took it for a short drive down the road where it hasn't been salted.
1946 cj2a #28680
1948 chevy 3800 thriftmaster
1946-50's cj2a-3a farm jeep
1993 yj, aka the yj7
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2019 at 1:30pm
That's a really cool pic. Thanks for sharing.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2019 at 2:02pm
Just putzing around the yard....

- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2019 at 3:24pm
I installed the transmission and transfer case into the Empire
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2019 at 5:36pm
It snowed here so I moved my '47 closer to the older kids.

notzach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notzach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2019 at 2:41pm
This week has been fun. I tried to drive the 3B around Saturday and realized it wouldn't shift out of high gear in the transfer case. On Monday I drained the oil in the transmission and transfer case and found that it had water in it and was really milky. I'm pretty sure the 6 months it spent in a field didn't help this problem at all. Last night I refiled both gear boxes and it still wouldn't shift.

So, tonight I'm going to start removing the engine and gear boxes. I was planning on replacing the clutch and u-joints at some point this year, but I guess I'll do those now. I'm also going to do the engine and transmission mounts while I'm at it. 

Does anyone have any advice on what rebuild kit for a t-90 and t-18 I should use? I'm looking at using Novak's kits.

Edited by notzach - 06 Feb. 2019 at 2:43pm
- 1944 MB "Norm"
- 1960 CJ-3B
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2019 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by notzach notzach wrote:

This week has been fun. I tried to drive the 3B around Saturday and realized it wouldn't shift out of high gear in the transfer case. On Monday I drained the oil in the transmission and transfer case and found that it had water in it and was really milky. I'm pretty sure the 6 months it spent in a field didn't help this problem at all. Last night I refiled both gear boxes and it still wouldn't shift.

So, tonight I'm going to start removing the engine and gear boxes. I was planning on replacing the clutch and u-joints at some point this year, but I guess I'll do those now. I'm also going to do the engine and transmission mounts while I'm at it. 

Does anyone have any advice on what rebuild kit for a t-90 and t-18 I should use? I'm looking at using Novak's kits.

Before you tear into everything, make sure that you have the transfer case shifted into 4 wheel drive BEFORE you try to shift into low range. From the factory these transfer cases have a "interlock pill" that prevents shifting into 2 wheel drive low. If the pill is still installed you MUST be in four wheel drive high before the pill will line up inside the shifter to allow you to shift to 4 wheel drive low range. 
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
notzach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notzach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2019 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

Originally posted by notzach notzach wrote:

Before you tear into everything, make sure that you have the transfer case shifted into 4 wheel drive BEFORE you try to shift into low range. From the factory these transfer cases have a "interlock pill" that prevents shifting into 2 wheel drive low. If the pill is still installed you MUST be in four wheel drive high before the pill will line up inside the shifter to allow you to shift to 4 wheel drive low range. 

Thanks! I will totally do that.
- 1944 MB "Norm"
- 1960 CJ-3B
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2019 at 2:10am
I must be a glutton for punishment, but I started another rebuild project today - a D44 rear axle. I think it's from a CJ3B or maybe an M38AI - not sure. It has 9" brake drums that go over the hubs, not behind them. It's a 5.38, so it should swap right into my '48. I have a new set of 11" brakes to put on it too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>