Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Farm Jeep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Farm Jeep
    Posted: 08 Feb. 2019 at 6:15am
Have not posted for so long thought I would put up a pic from last summer
just to say hello and to remind all that it will eventually warm up so keep the faith!

Edited by BENSH - 08 Feb. 2019 at 6:17am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2019 at 11:43am
Thank you BENSH!, nice looking outfit!.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2019 at 11:47am
Love seeing them in their natural element Thumbs Up
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2019 at 10:17pm
Man,I’m liking the spray set up and the awesome old trailerClap
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2019 at 10:40am
Didn't run it down the road any all last year, can't even find the license plate. Apparently ripped it off the bumper working back on a fence row. We get a lot done around my place with the jeep but guess I'm kind of rough on it, but as Dad always said about his heavy equipment, "it was made to work".
The jeep has proven  to be a great asset though. It will go up the frozen creek bank pulling the small trailer with a load of wood- and our old Massey wouldn't!

The larger yellow tank has water with a bit of Seven liquid diluted. I burn a bit of brush and the fire control efforts have paid off. It's surprising how fast a fire will sweep down corn stubble in the middle of winter. I also use that tank to spray the trees for worms a couple times a year. Bagworms have been rough on the walnuts and even into the oaks and pines the last few years.

The smaller tank has a 2-4D mix for keeping the Canadian Thistle down. Between mowing what I can get to and spraying the rest it's working out.

Only thing I'm missing is the tank for the Round-Up but thinking about trying to put together one of the parts jeeps with an extended flat bed and wire the aux batt so it can get a charge when I'm working it and a bit more room for another small tank.

Did have a nice Bantam but when I found the old Sears I though just leave it rough and let ir work.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
 Post Reply Post Reply