Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

### SERVICE BULLETINS ###

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ### SERVICE BULLETINS ###
    Posted: 04 June 2008 at 5:19pm
Willys Service Bulletins: 1945 - 1951
Files are "zipped" PDFs.  Download & keep a copy on your computer.
Willys CJ-2A Bulletins, 14th edition - 12.3 MB
Included are some 1950 & 51 bulletins.  While these came after CJ-2A production, they still either directly address CJ-2A parts & service, or are just as applicable to CJ-2A.

And some of the new bulletins are not of a "technical" nature, but interesting enough to include.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This next PDF is the Service Bulletin Indexes, taken from the '48 Mechanics Manual, date stamp Nov. 15, 1948.

It covers all Willys vehicles of the time.  It is not a comprehensive list of all bulletins, only those that were supposed to be inserted into the loose-leaf binder for mechanics to reference.  However, some of the issue dates are helpful in nailing down when certain changes were announced.

The green arrows indicate the bulletins included in the above Service Bulletin pdf.
Mechanics Manual Service Bulletin Indexes  -  1 MB
Sean

Edited by sean - 28 June 2011 at 1:26pm
bgirmus View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgirmus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 6:05pm
Sean, this is great.  Perhaps we could get those with copies of the bulletins that you don't have to come on board.  This would enable us to get as complete a compilation as possible.  Perhaps your post will finally get the ball rolling.

Edited by bgirmus - 04 June 2008 at 6:07pm
1946 CJ2A 46191
1943 MB 265211
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 9:41pm
Hey Sean, I'd like to see that one announcing the switch to glass bowl fuel pumps early in January 1946!  Big%20smile

I'd be really curious to see one you don't have that was published in 1946 dealing the transmission slipping out of second gear.  I'm surprised the problem developed that early. Ouch

Edited by samcj2a - 04 June 2008 at 9:41pm
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2008 at 10:24pm
Thanks again for all your efforts, I can't figure out when you have time to eat or sleep. Your information has certainly helped me in more ways than I can imagine. If there's anything I can do to help, I'd certainly be willing. (got lots of time at the momentLOL)
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 5:36pm
Sam:
Quote Hey Sean, I'd like to see that one announcing the switch to glass bowl fuel pumps early in January 1946!  Big%20smile
The change TO metal happened in '41.  The change BACK to glass was in '49. Wink  Didn't fit in this manual.

Quote I'd be really curious to see one you don't have that was published in 1946 dealing the transmission slipping out of second gear.  I'm surprised the problem developed that early. Ouch
I noted that too, and am just as curious!  They did change the 2nd./3rd. shift lever on the tranny in early '46, and the gearshift lever sometime between late '45 & '47., probably related to that bulletin.

My suspicion is they found that gravity alone was enough to occasionally pull the gearshift lever down out of 2nd., and they tried to tighten it up.

Sean
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 5:46pm
Gale:
Quote ... If there's anything I can do to help, I'd certainly be willing. (got lots of time at the momentLOL)
How's your graphics or typing skills?

If you want to take on some of the worst of them (like the photo above) & simply re-type the text content, I can recreate a facsimile of the original w/clean letterhead.

I would send you hi-resolution scans to work from, if you're willing to try.

Thanks!

Sean
bgirmus View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bgirmus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 7:46pm
Sean, I too am willing to help you on this worthy endeavor in any way that I can.  I have no graphics skills to speak of.  I do, however, have excellent typing skills thanks to the large amounts of papers and essays that I have had to do for school these past few years.

1946 CJ2A 46191
1943 MB 265211
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 7:49pm
Sean,
    My typing is fine, I even use all 10 fingers. LOL, Graphics used to be good, haven't done much in a couple of years, but I've always got my son the computer geek (maybe I should stop calling him that considering what he's getting paid to do this stuff) Let me know what I can do. I'm finally getting some stuff done on the Jeep but it's for short periods, then the shoulder quits working. I think my email is on my member profile, I'll go look after I send this and if it's not I'll PM it to you.

OK I'm back, it's there. Don't worry about the file size, I have a very fast connection. The company my son works for pays for it because he still has a server here and uses it for work. (he doesn't live here, but the computer stuff does, kinda handy for me, cheaper too)

Edited by bkreutz - 05 June 2008 at 7:51pm
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 6:48pm
Sean,
I know I am new here on the CJ-2A Forum but, I have days here at the office when I am sitting here twitling my thumbs.  I would be more then happy to do some typing and or data entry for you.  Let me know if I can help in any way.  I too use all ten of my fingers!
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
csutton7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csutton7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 6:57pm
impressive undertaking---thanks is all I can say---sure I can type, but finding time is my next big hurdle---thanks again---will make for some interesting reading when one has time that's for sure---chris
48 cj2a #122752:::::302v8, saginaw steering, 11" brakes
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 5:39pm
Thanks guys!

I'll be taking you up on some offers, but I'll need a few days to sort/organize/prepare stuff to send.  I might have something over the weekend, if I can get this one alligator to let go my butt!

Sean
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 6:21pm
Sean,
I have heard that if you poke your right index finger in the alligators eye it will let go...Wink
No, wait, was that left index finger in the alligators right eye?!?Ermm
Oh well, good luck with whatever is holding on to you!

Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 7:02pm
Just posted the first edition, enjoy!  See beginning of thread for the link

Thanks to Gale for all his help!

Edited by sean - 02 July 2008 at 7:02pm
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2008 at 7:08pm

Sean,

A big thank you to you for sharing the wealth.  You are most generous with these and the countless other contributions you have made to the collective understanding.  ClapClapClap

Oh, and thanks to the typist, too! Wink
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2008 at 5:17am
very cool sean, thanks for posting
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2009 at 12:14am
Thanks for the update Sean. One of these days I gotta print them out and put them in a binder. It's on my todo list. Smile

Larry
Navi27013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Navi27013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2009 at 6:06am
Bill Norris sent me this photo showing part of Service Bulletin 48-27, dated 25 May, 1948.
I think the title is Vehile Changes and Information.

Edited by Navi27013 - 15 Mar. 2009 at 6:36am
sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2009 at 12:45pm
Great info, thanks!

I'll get it added soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>