Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage Willys Photos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar. 2016 at 3:51pm
That's a Ford truck on the line behind the jeep, so this appears to be the last GPW assembled at either Ford Dallas or Louisville (though the number on the sign doesn't quite agree with Ford's own production numbers posted on its jeep-production website):

fordmotorhistory.com/factories/richmond/ford_jeeps.php

CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
Daron Wanberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daron Wanberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2017 at 5:30am
I met the Mrs. and her husband driving with family in photo Husband driving and will never forget that in 2004 I held a power point presentation at the library in Michigan and low and behold 30+ people showed up to the public library to here and watch the DVD I authored, Digitized and Mastered about I found the Agrijeep front bumper counter weights on that amazing road trip with my two girls at the time going to see Niagra Falls. The family and workers in the silent camera master every one was recognizing people they new at the time. The family managed Cessor farms. The Mrs. has since past on. That photo was taken by Life magazine. It is also on the "Pre-Production Civilian Jeep Films" DVD that I Authored, Mastered and Digitized from film to DVD. With the great Jeep Historian Fred Coldwell, Brian Heiner (master car fabricator and Myself Daron Wanberg. I am re-packaging the films on DVD and in 4K HD. The copy right to those films on DVD i.e. Camera Master of Cesor Farms Agrijeeps at work, color film of Girl in pre production CJ-2 milking a cow and delivery of family riding off to the open road from my film color short film circa 1944 and other X number CJ's on "The Pre Productions Civilian Jeep Films" copy right from 2002 to current 2017 are still in effect Per Fred Coldwell of Vintimage and Daron Wanberg at 3-D Imagery, Inc.. I hope that that those that have had the opportunity to view thattwo hour packed DVD saw amazing Agrijeep footage and X number Jeep footage. And still can on DVD (digital Versital Disc). PM Daron. Newer unpublished films in my one of the largest Jeep repository of Jeep films I know of I have been told. I first in Colorado to get a DVD master burner around in the Denver Colorado area.
44 CJ-2 SN CJ2-14 X38 AGRIJEEP

45 2A SN 10011

46 2A SN 17558

46 2A SN 11951

46 2A SN 33283

47 2A SN 98996

48 2A SN 181941

48 2A SN 204590

49 2A SN 224406
<b
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2017 at 6:47am
Daron, 

It's great to see that you're back among the Jeeping clan.
It was Dec 17th 1998 when I identified the Restaurant in New Hudson by the Oakland County Fair poster in the Willys ads.

By that time, the Cesor Farm Manager was deceased, and his wife was in a nursing home. That was when I made contact with Mary Canfield. Mary was not only present at Cesor, but when I met her in 1998 she was the geneologist for the area. She is the one that was able to get the group together for your visit. i know this because I paid her to do it, and she returned the uncashed check to me with a nice letter.

As a side note, you may not know it, but you all know what Mary  Canfield and her husbands farm looked like. It is the farm portrayed on the dash plate on your Jeep. It was still there in 1998, and shortly thereafter it was torn down to build the Walmart at the intersection of Milford Road and I96.

I'd be very interested in purchasing a copy of your updated DVD as my original never worked fully with the software on my computer.

Many of the people you worked with in 2004 are now also deceased, but there are still facts to be uncovered. The only shocker to me was learning that Ivan Schatzka's brother in law's father used to car pool from CESOR farms to Dearborn with Charlie Sorenson. (Ivan replaced Barney Roos). I met Ivan's brother  in-law April 15th, 2016.

Glad to know that Brian Hainer is also still active.

Edited by Joe Friday - 04 Oct. 2017 at 6:52am
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2017 at 7:03am
Joe Friday said, "I'd be very interested in purchasing a copy of your updated DVD"

Me too!  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Joe Friday Joe Friday wrote:

Daron, 

I'd be very interested in purchasing a copy of your updated DVD 

Same here Clap
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2017 at 3:18am
Ooh, ooh, me too!! 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2018 at 5:32pm

- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2018 at 5:52pm
Nice. If you like old photos try a site called Shorpy. I sat down years ago with my mother and grandmother and we went through a few boxes of pictures and a few of them were a total mystery. My neighbors wife will pull out a box of pictures and we sit around trying to figure out the date the picture was taken and who is that one guy in it?
uncamonkey
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2018 at 6:02pm
Shorpy is cools site.  I check it out every morning, there is always something new.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2018 at 6:05pm
Thanks guys, I will check that out! I do enjoy vintage photos.
combat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2018 at 4:52am
wonderful photos! Thanks for posting.
I have seen some of these before but the New Mexico one with the cowboys I 
have never seen before. Looks like the 50's also looks like a 3a maybe.
Frank

GPW 96842
CJ2A 10399
48 CJ2a
49 cj2a
GP

Where there's a WILLYS there's a way.
Montana Rocky Mt. Flat Fender Club
52 M38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 M38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2018 at 11:37am
In the top photo with the cowboys the tires look like slicks. Especially the driver side one. 
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2018 at 1:22pm
And whitewalls to boot!......yeah, looks like that left one is slick alright.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2018 at 3:28pm
Must be why they have two spares
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2018 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

Where?

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2018 at 1:16pm
I always loved the looks of the Willys Jeep delivery vehicles...reminds me of the old postal Jeeps from days gone by.

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2018 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

Where?

Oh its a shadow.  on my phone it looked like a second spare. 
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 7:34pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>