Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Found - ISO running L134 Go Devil engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfbrancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Found - ISO running L134 Go Devil engine
    Posted: 10 Jan. 2019 at 11:55pm
I'm looking for an engine that will run.  I am only interested in an L134 Go Devil engine.  I am in Ohio, but that is not really important.

Edited by Wolfbrancher - 14 Feb. 2019 at 2:16am
D/spike
'47 CJ2A
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2019 at 3:46am
Welcome to the page, Wolfbrancher! 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Wolfbrancher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfbrancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2019 at 11:12pm
Thank you Ol'Unreliable
Does anyone have a ballpark figure on what the going rate might be for an L134, either that is in known running condition or one that is at least not locked up?  I'm looking at a few options and trying to figure which is the best path forward.
D/spike
'47 CJ2A
Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2019 at 2:53am
1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2019 at 1:46pm
One that WILL run? One that is not seized or cracked WILL run but WILL it need to be rebuilt? I guess it all depends on what you can find. $200 to $2000 I suppose. An engine that will turn but has not been cracked open is a pig-in-a-poke. That should be at the low end. It goes up from there. If you can hear it run that's your best bet. Engines that I have rebuilt have a lot of money in new parts in them because that's what you do. It doesn't make sense to tear one down and not replace that which typically wears out. Big smile
So that genset motor that is in the craigslist ad might be a good choice BUT you'll have to change out the manifolds, the carb and some other parts to make it work in your jeep....if you didnt know that it will then end up being an expense you didnt count on and now that motor is really expensive.
Here's a GREAT idea....get in your car....Jan 26...road trip to Madison WI for the "Jeeps in January" event at Joe DeYoung's shop. All the greatest minds in the Willys world will be there. Contact Joe, he probably has what you are looking for...Clap

Edited by damar2yxr - 16 Jan. 2019 at 1:55pm
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
JeffsJeep04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffsJeep04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2019 at 11:38am
Did you find one? I have a Buick 231 I’m planning to swap into my 2a, but just haven’t gotten the motivation yet. The 134 in there now runs fantastic. I milled the head down .050 (took it to the supersonic head specs), so she runs pretty strong. has a few year old solex carb. The flywheel teeth have seen better days, but other than that she’s good to go. I’m in west central WI. I could meet up with you part way, would just need time to get it pulled. $600 for the engine, $800 I’ll throw in the good T90 - shifter is a hair sloppy but it doesn’t pop out of gear. 
Wolfbrancher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolfbrancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2019 at 2:14am
I did find an L134 and will be putting it in our '47 CJ2A, thanks.
D/spike
'47 CJ2A
 Post Reply Post Reply