Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Glass Mistakes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by ralf ralf wrote:

Do not even think about installing glass, take it to a shop and then all of the fitment problems are their problems not your problems.

Originally posted by LesBerg LesBerg wrote:

I've done a few windshields before. By and large I agree about taking it to a professional.

Unfortunately, all of my mistakes with glass do not have anything to do with the fitment. They are all "nut behind the wheel" problem. Ouch
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 5:01am
Here's a good hint about 2A windshield glass: if you take the glass out, don't lay it on the living room carpet and cover it with a tarp.  Next time you're crawling around on that floor, you'll kneel on the glass and you'll hear that "CRACK"...  It's not a lot of noise for the damage it does. Ouch
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 6:23am
I have already mentioned welding and glass problems. Back when I was living in the dorms a friend decided that he could store the replacement windshield for his Mustang under my bed. It didn't survive. I got the glass out of the windshield of my 3B without breaking it but while I was welding up a few holes on the frame it fell over and broke the glass that was carefully covered to protect it. Off to let the glass shop deal with it.
uncamonkey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12