Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got the 48 dirty for the first time.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got the 48 dirty for the first time.
    Posted: 09 June 2017 at 11:31pm
I finally broke down and got the 48 dirty!  Last weekend we went up to a friends cabin in the mountains for a weekend of floating, fishing, and jeeping.  We do this once a year and this year I brought my 13 year old nephew.  After a weekend of hanging out with the guys we asked him to rank the weekend on a scale of 1-10.  He ranked it a 20!  One of the guys there just bought a new camera and he decided that the CJ2A was a good subject.

Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 11:32pm

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 11:44pm
I'm glad you made your jeep happy by getting it off the pavement!
I don't see any dirt on it though.
Nice looking rig!
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Dutch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 12:59am
Very nice!
That is my idea of a nice weekend.
Great looking 2a too.
Dutch
     ,[__|__],
l   L__O|||||O_
()_) ()_)-~--)_)
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 1:20am

Originally posted by Ryan_289 Ryan_289 wrote:

After a weekend of hanging out with the guys we asked him to rank the weekend on a scale of 1-10. He ranked it a 20!

Clap

A Square body and a CJ2A, this is awesome!
Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 1:31am
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

A Square body and a CJ2A, this is awesome!

We were laughing about this pic. 78 gmc, 70s Era homemade trailer, 1948 jeep. Pic could be 40 yrs old or brand new!

The 78 is a 3/4 ton royal Sierra still in original paint and working am radio. It's my farm rig.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 2:33am
..... dirt?.....

... wait till you get your first dent. That's really exciting!

Hope you do Potowatomi with us!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 3:19am
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

I don't see any dirt on it though.

Wait, isn't that some dirt-like substance on the driver's side front bumper, right there in that pic just above Stan's post?  Or am I mistaken?  Wink
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 3:53am
Most of the pictures were taken before the trail ride. Low water creeks also do a really good job of washing the mud off!
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 3:59am
Looks like you had a great time and all that time you spent working on your Jeep is paying off. Your Jeep looks great. How did the trailer handle while towing it?

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 4:06am
Clean or dirty, that's one nice-looking Jeep!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
wheelie View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 5:07am
Yep. That's a great looking JEEP and some really nice pictures. Glad you had some fun. That's what it's supposed to be all about.
Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by WeeWilly WeeWilly wrote:

Looks like you had a great time and all that time you spent working on your Jeep is paying off. Your Jeep looks great. How did the trailer handle while towing it?

Jim

The trailer was originally made to haul dune buggies. It hauls the willys like it was made for it! I hauled the 48 all the way to Columbia MO for the fall reunion last year.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 10:35pm
Why didja park on that rock?   

Looks good! I always like creek shots.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2017 at 7:22pm
Awesome pics!
Great tow setup.
Thanks for sharing.
dandjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dandjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 10:32pm
Nice to see a flattie and a square body together. That's just what I have. A '77 GMC half ton that we have had since it was new. In really good shape. Been thinking of using it to tow to some gatherings. Don't know how far to trust it. I keep telling myself that is all we had for a long time. I think I'm getting braver!

47 cj2a
Warn O/D
03 Rubicon

Avis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2017 at 4:09pm
So awesome. Great looking jeep! 
a4cj2a77 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a4cj2a77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2017 at 6:06pm
Wow looks super lush and green, Willys in the water. Great pics. Love the color combo on your Willys. Looks like a beautiful day in paradise!!! 
Phil
 Post Reply Post Reply