Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grampa's Jeep gets a little bent.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2017 at 7:00pm
Stan, the tow company has reputable guys working for them. I'd tell them thanks for their honest employee! When my Jag got stolen and totaled in Denver , my brand new Lucas alternator and favorite tool box and tools I hand picked because I liked them were missing. All the other items that were along side of the missing items were with the car. The tow truck driver picked up the broken glass windshield and threw it on my brand new $750.00 leather seats perforating them. Angry 

Enjoy The Rubicon! GJ is like a badge of honor! We all will be watching for your updates. Wink John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2017 at 8:41pm
Good to hear Stan, good to hear.  Get right back on that old horse.
Have fun on the Rubicon, I'm jealous.  I wish I could trailer mine up and tag along.
Bedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2017 at 2:58pm
Stan, you have done an incredible job, inspiring to all of us.  The enjoyment you will have with GJ will be enhanced by what you have done with your own hands.  Enjoy every minute of your time in GJ.
George

'51 3A #43951
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2017 at 3:47pm
Have you watched the videos of the vintage Willys at rubicon.  Back in the saddle again. 
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2017 at 11:12pm
Yes you were lucky to get your tool roll etc. back. Years ago when I rolled My 57 wagon and ended up in the hospital for 3 nights. When dad went to pickup the wagon from the tow company. The Fiat X-19 seats and my tool box along with a bunch of other personal stuff was no where to be found. One of the Guys at the tow company most likely walked off with it as it was all still in the back of the Wagon when they tipped it up off me and put it back on its wheels.

Course after it rolling twice into the gravel pit I really had no need for what was to become my new front seats. The tools I missed.

Glad to see GJ doing so well. AND YOU TOO
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2017 at 12:35am
Moving further work back to my build thread here:

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2017 at 4:59am
Why move back to the previous thread?  Are you taking a step backward?  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2017 at 5:21am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Why move back to the previous thread?  Are you taking a step backward?  Smile
Nah, just getting back into stuff that's more routine repairs rather than rapid rollover recovery. Thought the "my project" section was more appropriate.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
srlbotanical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srlbotanical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2018 at 4:08pm
I finally made it through this whole thread.

I'm so glad you repaired everything the way you did. 

It may sound odd, but I feel this whole thing added to the beauty and character of this super cool jeep.
Steve
1948 CJ2A - The Good Dog
1997 TJ - The Trail Rig
2001 XJ - The kids ride
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2018 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by srlbotanical srlbotanical wrote:

....It may sound odd, but I feel this whole thing added to the beauty and character of this super cool jeep.
It's not odd at all. Those of us who have seen the jeep in person agree that it looks better.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2018 at 4:15pm
Thanks Steven,
I really have to give a  lot of credit to folks here on the forum for encouraging me and teaching me what I needed to do. I didn't think I could ever get it back on the trail as the same Jeep. It's not exactly the same jeep, but as  you said, the new wrinkles and bumps are all now part of the ongoing story of Grampa's Jeep. 
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2018 at 1:48am
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Originally posted by srlbotanical srlbotanical wrote:

....It may sound odd, but I feel this whole thing added to the beauty and character of this super cool jeep.
It's not odd at all. Those of us who have seen the jeep in person agree that it looks better.

Many of us who have only seen it here on the page... can't tell the difference.  Big smile  But it still looks cool!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617