Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great Old Photo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2017 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Cammer Cammer wrote:

That's a great pic.  I wonder how she got that MB so soon after the war.  Was the military selling off MBs as early as 47?  

My MB was titled as a 1946. They didn't make them that year so it was retitled when it was sold off on the market.
uncamonkey
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2017 at 1:31am

That's a great pic.  I wonder how she got that MB so soon after the war.  Was the military selling off MBs as early as 47?  
With the war over and many training bases in the continental United States reducing in size or closing altogether there were all kinds of surplus equipment for sale by the government by mid 1946.
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Cammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2017 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A wrote:

With the war over and many training bases in the continental United States reducing in size or closing altogether there were all kinds of surplus equipment for sale by the government by mid 1946.

That makes sense and gives me a perspective on something I just never thought about.  The USA maximized military industrial production for years, so I knew there was a LOT of surplus equipment.  I just figured they held onto it a few years post war.  I know they used MBs alongside the M38s in Korea, so they must have just sold off the older equipment.  

My Email

CJ-2a #108844 ACM #97951

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12