Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great work! thanks scoutpilot!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great work! thanks scoutpilot!
    Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 1:55pm
Sent my carb off to scoutpilot for a rebuild. If you had any doubt about his ability on jeep carbs, this will clear it right up. It's a work of art! Can't wait to get it back, heck I'm gonna have to dirty it up a bit before I reinstall it in the 46 survivor engine bay.
  Thanks Rick for all you do for the willys community!

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 2:10pm
I agree!!! Amazing work and a stand-up person.... Really great to work with and very helpful! The carb is almost too pretty to put under my hood Wink.

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 3:06pm
Hey!  My rebuild didn't arrive with that fancy sticker Cry   That's gotta add 2-3 mph Wink

The sticker not withstanding, lol, beyond the quality of the work I have to chime in with the service and communication throughout. I had the carb and an AC fuel pump done, and being kept in the loop from beginning to end on both meant there were no surprises... good old fashioned service is all. Thumbs Up

MB
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Mike S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by ggordon49 ggordon49 wrote:

I agree!!! Amazing work and a stand-up person.... Really great to work with and very helpful! The carb is almost too pretty to put under my hood Wink.

Tell me about your DS oil filter.
'47 CJ2A -- #114542
Warn FF D41 rear
Lock-Right locker
11" drum brakes
Dual master cylinder
T90C Transmission
16 X 6 Jeep truck wheels
Cooper STT Pro tires
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 9:05pm
I don't know much about it? It came installed on the jeep when I bought it.... I just cleaned it up really good with soap and water... I was trying not to remove any original paint :) It was moved to the manifold side because of a Hy-Lo pump was installed for a plow... I will be moving it back once I save up for some nice quality oil lines.
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 9:25pm
Went to a local Jeep dealer when my WO Carter was leaking. They said they had an "old time" jeep guy on staff. Told me it was a loss. Scoutpilot wouldn't sell me a new one (or re-hab) mine unless I tried adjusting the float. I have been very happy with it ever since (over a year ago).
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 1:37am
Originally posted by 3A Steve 3A Steve wrote:

Went to a local Jeep dealer when my WO Carter was leaking.

That honestly made me laugh out loud.

Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 4:40am
Originally posted by bretto bretto wrote:

Originally posted by 3A Steve 3A Steve wrote:

Went to a local Jeep dealer when my WO Carter was leaking.

That honestly made me laugh out loud.

Right!  Makes me want to go there just for the looks on their faces.  I should take the JK's airbag recall card and show up in the 48.  LOL
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
 Post Reply Post Reply