Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guns?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masscj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 9:06am
I carry one every day. I also build those, for a select few friends. They are not magic or evil, they are a tool and an investment. I also live in the same crappy state as Mike. Firearms don't have a mind or a thought process. But we do.
1946 CJ2a Dauntless aka Jalopy
1946 VEC stock
1981 CJ-8 5.3 LS
1966 CJ-6 SBC TUX
1968 CJ-6 225 V6
1974 CJ-6 4.2
1967 M-416
East Coast Modified CJ's
Adrian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 9:13am
Its the nut behind the butt that causes the problem.

1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 10:27am
I still have a few so I'm not totally without weapons.
The last time we went out shooting I cracked off a few rounds with my .45 then sat and watched to be sure the others weren't doing something stupid. When they were done, I got out my old .22 and finished off the remains.
I can have just as much fun shooting it really.
If I want to hit things at longer ranges, I have some for that as well. I turned several people on to the 25.06 caliber rifle. Heavy barrel of course.
uncamonkey
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 10:47am
My brother has 4 or 5 gun vaults out in his garage. His wife knows to not go out there and start counting as if she knows the combinations to all of them. I know a few of them.
I believe it is Patrick McManus that said if you have a gun cabinet in your living room you keep one space empty to make your wife think that you aren't a gun nut. If you end up with more guns you get another cabinet but leave one empty space in it.
I thought my mother would go ballistic when I told her I bought my first rifle. No, the great stone face just asked if I had a good gun safe.
uncamonkey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12