Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hampshire Green Mixing Code

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hampshire Green Mixing Code
    Posted: 03 Aug. 2018 at 2:00pm
Hey everyone - I'm trying to find the current mixing code for the body paint color Hampshire Green Poly. This would be for my '52 Cj3A.
I have found mixing codes for that color from Dupont and PPG on the internet but the paint supplier doesn't recognize the numbers. I was wondering if someone here may have painted their jeep that color and would have a current mixing code. Thanks.
1952 CJ3A (Lil'Green)
early M38A1(Ole Green)
1970 Jeepster Commando
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2018 at 3:16pm
willyt,
There are some paint code sheets on the 3B page covering 1952.  Here's one covering Hampshire Green Metallic:

Is this the code your supplier doesn't recognize?
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
willyt View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2018 at 3:34pm
Hey Rus

They have not given up on it yet. Still searching.

The Duco/Dulux # is one of the codes they are searching for. Today I found another Dupont master number which consist of six different paints and their code number, but no quantity.
Hopefully they can make some sense out of it.

I hope that someone may have used this color recently and would have a current mix code.

Thanks for the help. willyt
1952 CJ3A (Lil'Green)
early M38A1(Ole Green)
1970 Jeepster Commando
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2018 at 3:51pm
FWIW,
I was advised to use a certain paint expert to mix my paint.  He was constantly tweaking the formula - more yellow, less white, etc.  It never looked quite right.

I went to another paint store, showed them the paint code and they were spot on the first time. 

Do you have more than one supplier that you can ask?
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
willyt View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2018 at 4:34pm
Yes I do Russ. And I will be checking with them the first of the week.
1952 CJ3A (Lil'Green)
early M38A1(Ole Green)
1970 Jeepster Commando
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2018 at 12:47pm
Here is the mixing code for Hampshire Green that was scanned from original paint on a 1952 CJ-3A.

Post Reply Post Reply