Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harvard Red '46 CJ2A #59359 all in the family

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr. 2018 at 3:59pm
McG--your shop is truly Jeep Heaven! Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like you nailed the color match on your Luzon 2A.
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr. 2018 at 11:25pm
Man, I want an FC-150 sooooooooo bad!  I had an opportunity to buy one 12 years ago, right after I found out my job was moving to China without me. 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2018 at 10:35am
Love to say its may shop, but it is not.  I am just lucky enough that they let me work on my jeep there and give me lots of pointers!  It is really cool to see all of the restorations that come through.  The guys there are like an encyclopedia for everything Willys.  Plus they have the ability to make just about any part.  Always a bonus.  Like any task, having the right tools and knowledge can make anything easier.

Just a pic of the windshield after all of the pitting was filled.  This was very time consuming. 

Also got the hood mounted.  One step closer!

McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2018 at 10:42am
Finally got it painted.  Now give it a couple days to dry and maybe a test drive this weekend?

Edited by McG - 14 Apr. 2018 at 10:00pm
McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2018 at 10:40am
Took a while to get the brakes working right and got the windshield frame on.  

BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2018 at 1:03pm
That is looking GREAT!
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2018 at 5:50pm
beautiful jeep!  You are doing an outstanding job!👍🏻
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2018 at 10:50am
I am truly disgusted with MD Juan Parts.  Had a very disappointing day.  As mentioned before, Inner windshield was out of square and the divider was off center.  I didn't check the height of the riveted pieces that the popsicles or the windshield adjusting arm attach to.  They were 1/4 inch off, so now the inner will not close entirely.  The inner windshield was probably the most frustrating thing to assemble.  It is difficult to find a piece of rubber thin enough to work.  The aftermarket ones are completely unusable.  Took 2 guys 2 hours and a lot of WD40 to get the glass in.  Finally get everything together and then this.  Sorry just needed to complain a bit.  I thought I might get it close to done today and today is probably one of my last days for a while as I am a farmer and tis the season to be planting.  aaaagggghhhhh!
mkoloc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkoloc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2018 at 7:10pm
No doubt about it, MDJ quality control, if they even practice it, SUCKS!!
Finding that to be the biggest challenge on my resto as I bought a MDJ tub and for something so new I'm having to do a lot of work to get it to work/fit correctly! Would love to have a few days in that factory with their management team Angry .
LTC Mark Koloc (USA-RET)
MVPA#31144
OEF Afghan 03-04
OEF Africa 05-07
OEF KFOR 08-09
WTB 09-11
1942 Ford GPW
43 M16A2 Half-Track w/44 M10      
Trlr
1943 M3 Sct Car
1947 CJ2A
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2018 at 8:51pm
Awesome, and that receipt is awesome too!
thesnoops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesnoops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 4:57pm
Thank you for taking time to document and share your progress. I’m learning so much from guys like yourself who’ve taken pride in their work. Hope planting is going well.
McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 10:57am
Thanks for the replies and thank you planting is going well after a late start.

I did some work on the seats last week and here's how they look.

I used a piece of 3/4 inch plywood to help compress the springs.  It had a cutout for the tabs.  The top piece started with the cover even with the rear of the seat piping (looking down) and centered.  Then put everything in the cover and flip it down and done!

McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:03am
also while I was remaking the inner windshield I added the where the inner windshield latch bolts to the frame.  I took a screw, put it in the lathe and removed the threads, then drilled and tapped a hole to fit the 10-24 screw and welded it to the frame.

I also had to cut the rivets on the bracket off fill, redrill and re-rivet the bracket on.
McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 11:05am
Picture with the repaired inner windshield frame installed.  I still have a brake problem that needs to be repaired before really driving it.

Edited by McG - 06 May 2018 at 1:13am
McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 12:36pm
Been busy Farming and moving back to the farm and haven't had time to post all of the finished project pix.  Also been raining for the last 3 weeks.  I hope to make it to the Kempton, PA show this weekend.  There are still a few changes that are to be made.  radiator cap and distributor are bad so have to make temporary changes to make it run.

ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 1:36pm
Wow! Magnificent Thumbs Up She's way out of my league LOL
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 2:02pm
Really looking awesome!... be nice to see it Sunday-
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2018 at 3:20pm
Really nice rig!!!
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>