Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hoosier @ Badlands Off-road Park - Event Date: 04 Nov. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baja 4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2015 at 1:16pm
Looking forward to your report Jeff. Always fun to see the variety in places to play. Is the silver JK a little high centered?
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2015 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by baja 4 baja 4 wrote:

...... Is the silver JK a little high centered?
Oh yeah, and then some. I've got video. I'll post after church.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2015 at 8:42pm
It was great meeting all of you, so glad you were able to make it over. With any luck we’ll bet you all back next spring and we can have everyone up and running. I’m enjoying your pics. Looks like you found your way around pretty well.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2015 at 8:58pm
Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpI9RONU4yw

Yes. It was a blast. It was kinda fun figuring out how to get Wendy's JK over those hills. BAM BAM had no trouble at all. NDTs were perfect. Pretty much went anywhere anyone could go that has 31" tires and he definitely had an advantage over the jeeps that were open/open. In the video, you can see Jack, (red JK) trying to climb that rock incline. BAM motored right up it without difficulty. This was the tallest water I have been through. It was as high as the floor boards and came in jeep. It was fun doing donughts in the sand but hard to get video while you are doing them.

Edited by jpet - 06 Dec. 2015 at 9:01pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2015 at 10:25pm
Looks like ya'll had a great time. You've mastered videos edits too. Thanks for posting.

Tim
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2015 at 12:58am
Very nice video! Thanks for sharing.

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2015 at 1:10am
Looks like a good time was had by all!...(and if Wendy wasn't a jeep fan before, it sounds like she is now after a fun day like that!)   Thanks for the footage!
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2015 at 2:24am
Good job Jeff and crew. This is one Hoosier that’s glad you were able to make the trip  and show us what we have to enjoy right here in our own backyard. Looks like you found the trails and somewhere to ride without getting ran over by all the bikes and avt’s in the sand basin, little wetter than I would have expected in the creek though.

Couple of the shots I got before meeting up with Jeff and friends, thinking maybe I would catch you guys coming in for dinner. Got a couple more at https://bensimage.smugmug.com/Willy/Hoosier-Badlands/ but nothing like your ride Jeff, thanks for the report!

Edited by BENSH - 07 Dec. 2015 at 2:37am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2015 at 3:07am
I'm glad you guys had fun! Jpet are you running lockers in either of your axles? It looks like you mountain goat'd up all those hills while the JK's struggled. Watching this makes me so anxious to be back on the trails, hopefully some of you guys can make it this way next year. Long live the flat fenders!
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2015 at 4:12am
Great photo's/video, looks like a good time as well... Thanks for posting!

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2015 at 11:29am
Thanks again Jeff! Your "roving" is appreciated.  John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2015 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Nick_ Nick_ wrote:

.... Jpet are you running lockers in either of your axles?....
Yes, I have e-lockers front and rear.  There was a small group of round fenders with us and I had less difficulty than all of them who had open diffs.  The YJ who tugged Brent and Wendy over the hill was locked and I think an newer CJ5 was also locked.  I got the same reactions from people as most places I go.  Lots of thumbs up.  Everyone thought BAM BAM was the coolest thing and were surprised how that old Willys could out do the Wranglers.  Same questions:

Q: Where did you find it?  A: They're out there.
Q: Is it all original?           A: ........ mostly

(I mean .... it is an original 4.3 as well as the tranny, .... and the lockers are not reproductions )

... anywho, eventually at the end of the day my fan quit working so I had to pop the hood to hot-wire it and then the jig was up Embarrassed 

There were some rock gardens and play areas that I would have spent more time in if Bob W or baja4 would have been there but it was a thrill for me to go with my friends from church since they had never done any off-roading before so the things we did that were not so significant were huge in their eyes and that's a lot of fun.  Probably the same feeling m38mike had the first time I came to Colorado.  It was fun to watch Keith's reaction when water starts filling up in the floor boards and the muffler is going "blub blub blub"

Lot's of sand.  At one point I went out in the sand put'er in 2WD with rear locked and cut doughnuts.  I wish someone would have got a pick of my rooster tails. Confused 

... They don't have Rocky Mountains though Cry

Quote hopefully some of you guys can make it this way next year. Long live the flat fenders!
No need to wait.  You're the Hoosier, set it up.  Not on Sunday though.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2015 at 4:25pm
Fun stuff!
I'll bet those town jeep guys are already thinking about lockers and lifts.
Thumbs Up
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
flyinsob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyinsob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2015 at 6:25pm
I'd love to go and I have aircraft seat belts, but alas, no roll bar.  

1951 CJ-
Bill Foraker
1951 CJ3A "Chester"
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2015 at 10:47pm
  We will make a run for sure Jeff, it`s close for both of us and I`d love to meet you there sometime. I`ll need a place to shake down this purple monster I`m working on, and this place looks as good as any! If it holds up there I will bring it to FCT or the Black hills run as well as the southern Colorado run in July.

I may do FCT a bit differently this year, I`m  not sure that I`ll do every daily run . I`m thinking I`ll stay at the campground or Rainbow lake, though they use to close right after Labor day, I`ll have to check to see if they are open. I`d like to do some fishing and likely only do the hard trails, aspen ridge ect. Treat this a bit more like a vacation. Well I`ll post my intentions in the new FCT thread when it starts. Sorry didn't mean to hijack this thread, my mind got wandering...lol

43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec. 2015 at 11:42pm
Dennis, let's set the date now. That way you will have a completion goal It will be a shake down party! How about Feb 6. That gives you 2 months. Hopefully there will be a foot of snow too!
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2015 at 12:08am
THE  6TH of FEB?? LOL no pressure there huhLOL Well Christmas, New Years and my grand daughter`s 1st birthday fall between now and then so that might be a bit of a stretch for the 2a to be done (Alice will EXPECT! to be in Texas for that birthday or you will find me buried in the back yard somewhere)  but AWOL could go ....I`ll put some stinking seat belts in. I`ll pencil this in.
43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec. 2015 at 12:54am
Sounds like you guys are planning the "2016 Hoosier Ice-Breaker
Might be a little chilly out there. JPet, is that one of The Badlands open winter dates on the flyer?
Anyone know where I can get a deal and a good 18’ trailer, close by, all ready to go?
P.S. Dmac, don’t feel to bad, I don’t have a roll bar.

Edited by BENSH - 08 Dec. 2015 at 12:56am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>