Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hoosier @ Badlands Off-road Park - Event Date: 04 Nov. 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2015 at 4:34pm
Feb 6.
I'll call and get some clarity on the helmets. I assume they mean motorcycle helmets.
Not today of course but I'd like to get a head count of who can attend. It's a 4+ hour drive for me so if I'm coming, I don't want to be the only one.

To anyone who would rather go to Attica, we can do that too. Maybe in January. I just need to know what everyone wants to do.   I can wheel every weekend but I'm marking off the last weekend in January for the Iowa gathering

Please let me know guys. Not today of course
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2015 at 6:30pm
My dad and I are coming to the Feb 6th ride, I've been spending my break preparing for it. Canvas top is going on in a few weeks! And my heater!
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2015 at 6:32pm
Is the ride still on?
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2015 at 1:03am
If anyone wants to go to Attica this winter. Post here and I'm in. We are doing Dirty Turtle on Feb 6:
Dirty Turtle Off-road Park (Feb 6)
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2017 at 7:04pm
Dmac and I are going to wheel Badlands again this Saturday if anyone wants to join us.  9:00 am.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb. 2017 at 6:15am
You guys are going to be there (ATTICA) this Sat, as in 18 FEB 2017 at 0900, what time do you have to leave for home Jeff? Getting any other feedback/response? I’ll check with a couple guys in my area to see if anyone would want to go along with me to help out.

1945 CJ2a 11495
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb. 2017 at 1:09pm
Yeppers.  Feb 18, 2017 0900.

So far its me and the Mac Attack (Dmac).  If you dont have a Flatty, bring your round fender.

Not sure what time I have to leave.  My truck is broke down so if I can't find another one to borrow today, I'll drive up in BAM BAM and hope I don't break anything.  Mapquest says its a 2hr 48 min drive and I loose an hour in the time change.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 1:06am

Edited by jpet - 20 Feb. 2017 at 11:34am
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 2:58am
AWESOME
Thanks for sharing
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 4:57am
Looks fun! Is Dennis open at both ends or just the front?
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 5:15am
Awesome!
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 5:23am
Bam Bam seems to be running a bit hot in a few of the shots. I fixed my 3B by putting in a real V6 radiator. It took a bit of cutting on the battery tray to fit but the Jeep isn't that pristine anyway.
Thanks for the video.
uncamonkey
Dmac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 10:37am
Rick, I`m open in just the front, but not for long Wink
Jeff wasn`t steaming from running hot we had just done some water crossings and that was causing the steam.

Dennis

43 Ford GPW "AWOL"
48-52 CJ Series Bubba Jeep
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 10:48am
Rick, Dennis has an open front and locked rear.

John, The steam coming from BAM BAM's grill is deceiving. Just prior to that video segment, he had just made a deep water crossing, so you are seeing the outside water on the radiator evaporating. He ran cool on the trail all day and no more hair dryer sound coming from the electric fan.

The trip was a lot of fun. That is the first time my wife, Trudy, went wheeling with me.   Both times I've been to Badlands, I've had the fun of taking someone who has never gone wheeling before which is extra fun because the obstacles that you have done many times seem impossible to them. . This time it was not near as wet as last year, but what was interesting was that the mud hole I got stuck in was actually passable last year even though last year it was completely under water.

Thanks to Dennis and Alice for a gr8 time!

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 11:56am
Looks like fun!
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

That is the first time my wife, Trudy, went wheeling with me.   Both times I've been to Badlands, I've had the fun of taking someone who has never gone wheeling before which is extra fun because the obstacles that you have done many times seem impossible to them. .

I thought I had a Mrs. Jpet sighting. Is she getting warmed up for the Rubicon?
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 6:39pm
She likes the wheeling but she doesn't like the long traveling to get there. Camping would be out as well.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 7:42pm
Looks like a great time!, also nice to see your wife enjoying the day!....

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>