Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hoosiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2016 at 11:41am
Not that this would help, but what depth is your well?  Shallow wells aren't used anymore because of contamination. 
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2016 at 5:35am
I posted the event in the HoosierWillys Facebook group. Hopefully I'll have my canvas side doors fit in time. I'm not 100% sure if attending, but am interested.
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2016 at 1:17am
Good talking to you today Eric, looking forward to seeing the wagon.  Andy, I have an unspoken for open seat for a navigator if you want to come up. Others may have a seat available so please chime in and confirm with them beforehand.

So we are on for October 29th. gathering at my house when you get here (pm for address, directions as needed) but generally don’t get in any big hurry,  depart around 1000hrs. or so, some may have a chilly ride over and don’t want to rush them. Should be plenty of trailer parking, from the sounds of it our normal small group and heading southwest from here ending up somewhere for lunch along the way. If anyone wants to start/oversee the roadside cookout thing please feel free.

So lets take a poll; who’s in and any suggestions or comments?

Edited by BENSH - 31 Oct. 2016 at 4:42am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2016 at 2:00pm
Thanks for the offer Russ, but I don't know what's going on yet for that weekend haha.  For all I know maybe my jeep will be done by then!!!???
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2016 at 2:04am
Give it your best shot Andy, know that you are always welcome. And speaking of welcome out-of -towners and weary travelers, anyone heard from jpet, he has made it to more of our events than I have of late.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct. 2016 at 8:44am
I’m sorry everyone but something has come about. It seems that issues relating to insurance, usage rights and planning functions between family members on the property has developed so we need to revert back to the old way of doing things out of the Johnson County Park facility at Camp Atterbury. This has proven to work in the past with more parking available than I can offer. plus a larger facility with restrooms and shelters available on a first come basis.

If this is agreeable to those planning on attending please advise, but for now still on at 1000hrs on 10/29.

Sorry for any inconvenience but to my knowledge it is still just going to be a very small group. I’ll touch base with those who have committed via eMail to confirm.

1945 CJ2a 11495
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct. 2016 at 1:33pm
Checked my calender last night and this is the same time as Bloomington Cars and Coffee. I've done the same Brown County ride a few times and have been wanting to go to C&C for a couple years.

Jim, I'll be over your way later for the trailer. I found a real gem this time.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct. 2016 at 3:33pm
Is it a diamond in the rough or a polished jewel? Anxious to hear about it. Going to miss you Nick at the Brown county ride.
My son plans on going with his jeep and I will be there with mine.

Jim    
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2016 at 3:10pm
   My son let me know that he is scheduled to work this week end so he wont be there.
Russ, how many have contacted you for this event? I haven't seen or heard of anyone.

Nick, I looked at your new gem and it doesn't look to bad from around 100 feet LOL. If that is a gem I believe it is still before the fossil stage LOL. What are your plans for it?

Jim
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2016 at 4:01pm
I won't be there, gonna be working on my jeep!!
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2016 at 7:24pm
What all are you doing to it Andy? I thought it looked good the last time we were together.

Jim
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2016 at 7:37pm
I still haven't drilled both broken exhaust studs out of the block yet.  I'm going to have to pull the motor forward for the back stud.  Its one of those unpleasant things you gotta do sometimes haha.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2016 at 8:14pm
I was just talking to Russ, and we decided to call off the Brown county ride tomorrow since we haven't heard from anybody, maybe next time.

Andy, I find it easier to make a bushing with a hole in it the size of a smaller drill bit and the OD that just fits the hole in this case the manifold using the manifold as a guide to make a pilot hole centered in the stud.

Jim
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2016 at 3:26pm
Guess word got out, no disappointed jeepers have shown up on my doorstep this morning.
Thanks for taking care of the posting Jim, sorry I couldn’t get to it.

Must assume someone took care of the Hoosier Willys FB group. Too bad we can’t get anything together.

Edited by BENSH - 29 Oct. 2016 at 3:41pm
    1945 CJ2a 11495
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2016 at 1:41am
Couldn't have asked for a nicer day as far as weather was concerned even if the leaves haven't changed yet.

Jim
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2016 at 3:21am
Weather was beautiful. Hey Jim, we got that beast of a "Jeep" running in just under an hour! Drove it around the block and put it back on the trailer. I picked up a cargo rack for my Wrangler on my way to your place today. I wasn't sure if you were at church so I didn't want to bother you.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2016 at 4:49pm
I seen it down there and that you started to disassemble it. Glad to hear you got it running and moving on it's own.   Sorry I missed you.

Jim
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2017 at 4:55am
CALLING ALL HOOSIERS; In case you haven’t heard the spring reunion is being held in COLUMBUS, INDIANA this year. What a great opportunity for all of us who have not been able to attend past events held out of state. Catch the details here: http://willysreunion.com/swr17.htm 
    1945 CJ2a 11495
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>