Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Testing and Support for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to add a picture to a post.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2006 at 1:33pm
Del, you'll have to post them on one of numerous picture hosting sites first, then take them from there to here. (it's an 'improvement' for "security reasons", don't ask me why)......yes, we used to able to post them here.

I use   www.imageshack.us  but there are others.

The toolbar I think you're asking about will be in the Reply box for the post.

Edited by rocnroll - 13 Oct. 2006 at 1:57pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
64ragtop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64ragtop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2006 at 4:01pm
OOOHHHHH, _NOW_ I see it!!!  Ya gotta click on the "reply" button next to the "quote" button in the top line of the post you want to reply to, just below the seperator line at the top of each post, instead of using the conevnient "quick reply" message composition window at the bottom of the topic. 

I commonly just use the "quick reply" space and hadn't noticed the little tree icon because it isn't visible unless you click the "reply" button I mentioned.

Russ, could this be moved to a more easily spotted location, please?  It seems like the forums would be more "content rich" if posting photos were easier.  Keeping in mind, of course, the possibility of "no-goodnicks" posting trash, an issue I have no comprehension of, except tp note that various interest pages I've been on have used different methods to keep their sites junk free.

I use MOPARSTYLE photo hosting, where I have a little space because I'm a contributing member there.

Test:

If it aint broke, fix it 'til it is! (or YOU are)
64ragtop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64ragtop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2006 at 4:02pm
Alternate Image posting method test:

All I had to do to post this one is cut the "UBBCobe" from the image from the "Photo Details" posted with the image in the MOPARSTYLE "Xtrastyler Photo Hosting" section on that board, and paste it here.  I hope that tells Russ and/or Sean, and anyone who knows the details of running our site _something_.

Edited by 64ragtop - 13 Oct. 2006 at 4:20pm
If it aint broke, fix it 'til it is! (or YOU are)
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2006 at 4:09pm
This is kiinda funny don't ya think, Russ?  Hug
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Harriet View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2007 at 4:24pm
Testing!

Please keep your fingers crossed!
46 CJ2A 14509

50 Jeepster
58 4WD Truck

My Link
I AM the understanding wife!
Anyone seen my marbles?
Always hoisted by my own petard!
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2007 at 5:48pm
Harriet, I've had good luck with www.Imageshack.us  if you want to try something new.
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Harriet View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2007 at 6:17pm
Do you know - I might well do that!
From what it's doing to me I think that is an easy way!

Thanks all!
Goodnight

46 CJ2A 14509

50 Jeepster
58 4WD Truck

My Link
I AM the understanding wife!
Anyone seen my marbles?
Always hoisted by my own petard!
Jokers2A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokers2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2007 at 10:57pm
46 CJ2A #79088
Karl H. Pohl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl H. Pohl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2007 at 1:03pm
I agree with you Tom. All I get when I try to import a picture into the post-it window by using a web based image is a box filled with Spanish. How about setting up a simple drag and drop window to to import and post jpg. images, Mr. Webmaster?

Karl

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl H. Pohl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2007 at 6:50pm

Edited by Karl H. Pohl - 07 Mar. 2007 at 6:51pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl H. Pohl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2007 at 7:07pm
I finally managed to post a picture by using Image Shack. My picture is a bit too large for the window. What is the best size to select in order to avoid sliding it back and forth and up and down? This is my second try and I selected the picture size for web pages in my Image Shack window. I hope this will be the right size. Man, that is more complicated than rebuilding a t-90 transmission!

Now I got to figure out how to get this picture into the left side of my page and on all my posts. Any good ideas on how to do that? 
Karl
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2007 at 7:34pm

That one you posted here previous to this looks good....640x480 is what it says.

Edited by rocnroll - 07 Mar. 2007 at 7:34pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2007 at 7:38pm
Karl,
I use the 15" monitor sizing and it fits perfect for posting. For your avatar go into your settings, then into edit profile, then into "select avatar".
CJ2A #10021 #34692 #58500

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karl H. Pohl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2007 at 7:54pm
Thanks, Gary

I will try it tomorrow. I gather this will put the Jeep picture into the post on the left side underneath my name?

Karl
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2007 at 10:22pm

Can anyone explain how to shrink a pic to use it as an avatar?

If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2007 at 10:46pm
check mine out. i just ask russ when i need something cool as a avatar.
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
Rob H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2007 at 7:51pm
I'm with F Bill, I've tried and tried to shrink one down for an avatar and no luck. So give me all the help you can LOL!
Rob H.

1948 CJ2A
bits and pieces of three 3A's
1967-72 Chevy C/10 kinda combined them LOL

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2007 at 8:44pm
Imageshack will do it for you, that's how I got mine.
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>