Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Iowa Jeeps in January meeting on Jan 25, 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iowa Jeeps in January meeting on Jan 25, 2014
    Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 2:09pm

Gentlemen,

I propose a meeting in January, 2014.  Someplace with free beer, I think Kilroy fits the description but there may be others.   We need to crown our new leader officially.   Plan an event that we are not going to do.  Trade parts.   Tell lies.  Smoke cigars.  Talk about our willys bucket lists.  We need a report from Kilroy on passing on the willys passion to his neighbor kid. 

steve

Edited by willys54wagon - 13 Dec. 2013 at 3:39am
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 3:06pm
Steve and All,
The doors to my humble abode are always open and welcoming to anyone who speaks "Jeep"!
I don't know what the deal is with "THE KID". Have seen him a few times this Summer. Went to the trouble of sprucing up the grill, sanded, quick rattle can black, attached a chain to hang it up on the wall... Little to no interest on his part..... WTH?!?!? Perhaps his interest has moved on. Still hanging here... Confused
I am in on a get together! Just grabbed that FC-150 (anybody got any FC parts laying around?) that was on E-Willys in Marshalltown, all you guys can come over, check it out and remove any doubts as to my sanity.... Hey, with some spit and work, I can make Her something presentable. She's, already, looking good at 20' away or 20 MPH... Esp. if you squint a bit when you look at Her... Ermm
Let me know what, when, etc. I'm in! Clap
Always plenty of beer, here!

Edited by kilroy - 04 Dec. 2013 at 3:13pm
"You know, I'm too old a bunny to get very excited about all this."
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army
France: 5 June 1944

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

dennisanvil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 3:09pm

I am in. when?

dennis

dennisanvil                   1948 cj2a, maker of tailgate hooks & hand forge iron ware
there not any knowen cure for jeep fever.
serial # 164136<
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by dennisanvil dennisanvil wrote:

I am in. when?

dennis

ANYTIME YOU WANT, BOSS! My door is always open to you, Dennis!
Football is all over and I have a lot more free time on Sat.'s, now! Clap
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 3:42pm

I may have some left over fc 170 parts and will dig them out for the cause.   hope to do inventory over Christmas.  Will create a "Kilroy Pile".

Saturday, Jan 25 or Feb 1?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 3:45pm

Oh, and while there, someone needs to set up the proper icon for Kilroy!

I had bent up some conduit for hoops for the box of my fc170.   Was going to put a canvas on it.   Would the hoops interest you?

I have 3 fc seats also.

and a 170 gas tank.

Edited by willys54wagon - 04 Dec. 2013 at 3:58pm
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by willys54wagon willys54wagon wrote:

I may have some left over fc 170 parts and will dig them out for the cause.   hope to do inventory over Christmas.  Will create a "Kilroy Pile".

SWEEEEEET!!!! Let me know what you have! Does this mean you have a 170, Steve? STILL? I need, MOSTLY, interior type parts, though, I have MOST of that, too. Could use a set of arm rests and maybe a dash board. I don't know enough about these things to know what all I need, yet...
I went with a 150 because it was shorter and available, reasonably, close.
The FC-150 Is a full 2' shorter than my Commando, easier to stash over here with my limited space.
The "Little Woman" wasn't too crazy about it, at first. Now, she talking about how fun it will be to run to the Garden Center in it, next Spring! I think she might be starting to get the "infection", too. Shocked
Who'd a thought?!?!? Confused 
I think, pretty much, anytime in Jan. or early in Feb. w/b fine with me. Taking a vaca. someplace middle to end of Feb., I am told... Pinch

Edited by kilroy - 04 Dec. 2013 at 4:28pm
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 4:15pm
Sounds Good to me! Count me in. Sorry I don't have any FC parts. Lets do thisBig smile Sandusky
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 4:22pm
NOT JUST IOWA GUYS!!!! Anybody from anywhere else is sure welcome!!! Wisc., Ill., etc. WHATEVER!!!
I've got PLENTY of room for a crowd!!!
I can start stocking in beer, now! Big smile Wink
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 4:31pm
Might have to bring my Designated Driver and excuse her to The Coralville Mall, while we conduct the meeting.Wink
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by sandusky sandusky wrote:

Might have to bring my Designated Driver and excuse her to The Coralville Mall, while we conduct the meeting.Wink

Might end up costing you more than another Jeep! Wink
She can shop faster with Her "new" equipment! Wink
BeerBeerBeer
"99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer!" Wink

Edited by kilroy - 04 Dec. 2013 at 4:39pm
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 4:48pm
I think she got the Supercharged  version. She says she can make it around the Mall without to much trouble. I'm thinking she'll be able to go to Swap Meets with  me and help carry rusty parts back to the truckLOL
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by sandusky sandusky wrote:

I think she got the Supercharged  version. She says she can make it around the Mall without to much trouble. I'm thinking she'll be able to go to Swap Meets with  me and help carry rusty parts back to the truckLOL

Two words...... "Cushman Truckster"!!!! You can tell Her you got it for HER!!!! Wink
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 5:39pm
That's a thought . Although when I was on my way to Hudson last Spring I had a Young Father and his 2 Sons ask me if my "48" 2a was a (Gulp) Golf Cart!LOL So I could probably put the windshield down and put some clubs in the back and just drive around anywhere. I'd have to borrow some clubs , cuz I Golf like I'm choppin woodLOL I've got enough frustration in my life so I don't need that..
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 5:44pm
"Although when I was on my way to Hudson last Spring I had a Young Father and his 2 Sons ask me if my "48" 2a was a (Gulp) Golf Cart!"

That's just plain SAD... I trust they were "clued" in, quickly.
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 7:19pm

Possible dates?   Pick one.

The FC170 went to Alaska awhile back, but there are some interior parts left.   Maybe a set of wiper bezels.  

If you recover the seats, make a note that they are NOT the same size.  I got caught with that.  The drivers and passenger are different sizes.  There is a company that has the right pattern now because of me.  Might be automotive interiors.

Edited by willys54wagon - 04 Dec. 2013 at 7:24pm
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by willys54wagon willys54wagon wrote:

Possible dates?   Pick one.

The FC170 went to Alaska awhile back, but there are some interior parts left.   Maybe a set of wiper bezels.  

If you recover the seats, make a note that they are NOT the same size.  I got caught with that.  The drivers and passenger are different sizes.  There is a company that has the right pattern now because of me.  Might be automotive interiors.

Makes NO difference to ME.

Whatever works for the majority! Thumbs Up Again, anybody who wants to come is welcome. Clap

Steve,
I'll take those wiper arms (?). Thumbs Up I have one tired looking one.
I'll work on it in the next month and try to make up a wish list. Mostly interior stuff. Need to figure out some kind of air cleaner for it.
Any pics of the 170? Tongue

General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2013 at 11:09pm
This sounds Interesting , Where is kilroys place in the great state of Iowa?

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>