Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Testing and Support for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I-phone problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I-phone problem
    Posted: 16 July 2016 at 4:56pm
 I don't know, I probably touched something without knowing,,,
On my I-phone, the CJ2A page forums page is too big for the screen - I have to keep scrolling back and forth sideways to read posts. It wasn't always this way, and it's only the CJ2A page that seems to be affected. Maybe some little kid will read this and tell this dummy how to fix it Embarrassed .    Thanks.    BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2016 at 7:51pm
Sounds like you are in mobile mode. Go to the bottom of the front page and choose classic
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2016 at 7:37pm
Thanks Jeff, but it's always been in mobile mode. If I change it to classic, I can see the whole page, but the print is so small that I can't read it.  BW

lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2016 at 8:40pm
hold down the "power" button and the "home" button at the same time until the screen goes black then the Apple appears again.

this causes a "soft" reset back to a known safe point.....
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2016 at 10:13pm
My i phone started doing the same thing a while ago.
???? I turn my phone sideways to see the full page.
But I still don't know what changed.
PapaC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PapaC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 12:45am
Somethings went screwy.   Not at all uncommon for electronic devices to have to sometimes.............. do this.

Close all open pages and apps
Then go to settings on your phone
Scroll down to Safari
Scroll down from there and
Click on and clear all history and website data. Whatever the problem is this step should clear it up.

Then do a reset on your Iphone as described by lowenuf

That should finish eliminating whatever history storage glitch that is messing up the page

When your i phone boots back up

Be aware that you will at this time be asked to sign back in to the forum and possibly any other apps or forums that you use. Examples could also be you WILL have to sign back in to pay pal, whatever photo app you use, and Facebook if you even use it

No IMPORTANT information will be lost if you can remember your passwords or have them stored on your phone. Once logged back in you should be good to go.

In theory the glitch will be eliminated

Charles

Edited by PapaC - 18 July 2016 at 1:11am
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 7:45pm
 "In theory the glitch will be eliminated"

Well, Lowenuf's idea didn't work, so I tried PapaC's suggestion, and that didn't work either.  Cry   BW

lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

"In theory the glitch will be eliminated"

Well, Lowenuf's idea didn't work, so I tried PapaC's suggestion, and that didn't work either.  Cry   BW

go to: settings--general--accessibility......

second option down-----zoom.....

make sure that is off
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

PapaC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PapaC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 8:14pm
Ok sorry. Scratch that theory.

Here's something else to try and I'm not EVEN commits myself to a theory on this but it won't take long to try and this time you won't have to re-set your passwords.

Try closing everything again and go back to settings

Safari

And temporarily change search engines.   You should see a choice between GOOGLE, YAHOO, BING, or DUCKDUCKGO.   Haven't ever messed with the last too but change temporarily from yahoo to google......or from Google to yahoo.

Then turn off your phone so the setting will fully take effect and see what happens.   Remember and luckily even though you change search engines you won't lose passwords.

When I've done this before i usually wind up going back to my own favorite search engine which is Google but that's a matter of choice.

Note that once in the past I too had the cj2a page blow out of portion but me memory won't let me remember exactly what I did to fix it. I THOUGHT it was the first idea I posted but uh.....,that theory has been proved to not hold water!!

All I can say is sorry
Charles Tate
 Post Reply Post Reply