Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It was a barn find in Maple Ridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 2:43pm
Hey Shadow.  What year is that Mustang?  That Mustang looks pretty sharp. 
Mark
1946 CJ2A
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2017 at 3:50pm
thanks is a 67 coup that my son and I built a couple of years ago, its a work in progress for him with him building a new toploader trans and he wants to build a engine for it some time soon, he learned a lot on that car on welding and how to fit sheetmetal
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 6:04am
So I got a little jeep time in tonight, with some new parts from Walcks and a spot welder from Princess auto. the spot welder is the same one you can find at Harbour Freight, the setup instructions are a little vague but was able to fill in the blanks, I tested it on some pieces and tested the welds with great success, so away I go and start on the floor riser.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 3:46pm
Nice work Andy,spot welder seems to be working really good.Its coming along nice.You have a rolling chassis,Once your tub is done you will be driving it in no time.One pieces at a time.Have fun with it.
Thumbs Up    

Giles

Edited by Gil - 22 July 2017 at 3:53pm
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 11:23pm
did a little more to the floor with the hat channels I received from Walcks
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2017 at 12:50am
Looking at these photos makes me want to build another 2A.

Looking good!
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug. 2017 at 4:50am
Just picked up another order of parts , lots of little bits and pieces, hose clamps , rubber grommets for the headlights and bumpers for the inner windshield and the exhaust pipe off the manifold
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug. 2017 at 5:24am
Looking beautiful.Thumbs Up
That exhaust won't last long off the pavement if it is still hanging that low when everything is buttoned up.
 Just thinking out loud.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug. 2017 at 8:18pm
Is that a piece of flex pipe in the exhaust?

Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

hat exhaust won't last long off the pavement if it is still hanging that low when everything is buttoned up.
 Just thinking out loud.

Maybe the hangers are not holding it up yet?

Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug. 2017 at 8:47pm
Nice work,Andy is your tub all done ?Do you have pictures of the tub on the chassis ?

Edited by Gil - 23 Aug. 2017 at 9:00pm
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2017 at 5:40am
the exhaust is a early or mb/gpw pipe and its just hanging there for now I need to work on the skid plate where the pipe will clamp onto and sadly no the tub is not quite done I have a order in at Classic for the rear wheel wells and tail light panels, soon soon
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2017 at 12:17pm
Don't like stereotyping, but you guys from the "great white north" sure do top notch jeep rebuilding! Joe almost from the "great white north"
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Willy M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Willy M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2017 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by wadoyado wadoyado wrote:

Don't like stereotyping, but you guys from the "great white north" sure do top notch jeep rebuilding! Joe almost from the "great white north"

A Canadian friend of mine told me once that they have to find something to stay busy with in the winter.  

Great job on the build!
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2017 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

Looking beautiful.Thumbs Up
That exhaust won't last long off the pavement if it is still hanging that low when everything is buttoned up.
 Just thinking out loud.

haven't you ever heard of drag pipes,
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2017 at 10:32pm
so my son said to me why don't you get some gas and fire up the jeep --- so I did and it purs like a kitten
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2017 at 5:23am
tried posting us starting the motor the other day but not having any luck yet
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2017 at 8:09am
Thats awesome Andy. Nice work.

Jon
15 Field RCA
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2017 at 5:30am
first start up

Edited by shadow - 29 Oct. 2017 at 3:00am
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 25>