Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeep Sign

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeep Sign
    Posted: 16 Feb. 2019 at 3:52pm
I was wondering about this sign I found last night. It is 9 inches in diameter, made of heavy steel and is fully porcelain coated. 
First of all, what era was this type of logo used? and secondly, would this have been part of a larger sign? Any help is appreciated.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2019 at 4:44pm
Our 65 Wagoneer had logos similar to that. So I would say thats a Kaiser era piece.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2019 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Mark W. Mark W. wrote:

Our 65 Wagoneer had logos similar to that. So I would say thats a Kaiser era piece.

X2!

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2019 at 6:58pm
Google 'Jeep grill badge' or 'Gladiator grill badge'....it is an approximation of that.

Definately Kaiser era.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Doug Timme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb. 2019 at 7:23pm
Thanks for the replies. Definitely looks like Kaiser era.  I just wonder what it was on. It is too small to have been a main sign. I am wondering if it is part of a larger multi line sign, or maybe something that hung in a parts or service dept. It is very heavy duty and the back side is also porcelain, but the finish looks like the inside of an oven.
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb. 2019 at 7:46pm
Sorry to hear of this.
I have lost a great dog and a great cat.
I have decided against any more as they could never be as good as the ones I was with before.
Sorry, wrong post.

Edited by Unkamonkey - 17 Feb. 2019 at 7:48pm
uncamonkey
 Post Reply Post Reply