Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeeps in January

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2019 at 3:47am
Thank you Joe for hosting a day filled with great conversations and make your sides hurt laughter.  All in good old Jeep fun.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2019 at 3:56am
We are home, safe and sound!... It was -17 as we left home, and -15 in Madison on arrival the temp change was awesome .... A great event, many thanks to Joe & bride for opening their awesome shop to us, and sharing this collection of cool Willy’s (And Ford) with us, it’s people like these who make this hobby so special! 👍🏽 As always it’s nice to put faces with names and shake hands with like minded people whoem you’ve known on line for in many cases years. I did shoot some video of Joes collection and I believe everybody who attended, I’ll try and get that posted tomorrow. Again Joe many thanks and we hope you do this again!...

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2019 at 3:58am
WOO HOO! Another exciting “Jeeps in January” event! Joe DeYoungs shop was invaded by some of the greatest Willy’s experts in the US. All Willy’s mysteries were solved by the arrival of Scooby and Shaggy in the Mystery Machine!
Bob 3b and Joe hard at preparing for the T90 restoration presentation at this years Spring reunion.

This is proof positive that Bob is ALWAYS working on the spring reunion!
Here’s some eye candy of Joes warehouse and his “stack-o-jeeps”.
Excellent turnout. Musta been about 15 guys showed up. Tech talk, comeraderie, good food all day long! The intrepid Far East travelers from Massachusetts braved the -25 degree temperatures and scratched this off their “bucket list”. Go PATS! TOMMY will get it done!

eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2019 at 4:04am

CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2019 at 6:43am
big thanks to Joe for opening up his shop to us. I had a great time and a lot of laughs with some new faces. 
46 2a
51 truck project named Karen
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2019 at 2:10pm
Thanks Joe for hosting Jeeps in January 2019. It was definitely worth the trip.
Awesome to meet so many like minded enthusiasts.

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Basket case View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basket case Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2019 at 3:38pm
Thank you Joe  and your wife for letting us to see your wonderful collection and feeding us lunch. The amount of laughter and knowledge that was shared at your shop was mind boggling. From the tools you have made to make our/flat fender guys lives easier to what you look for in the synchro assembles the chevrons, the dogs and springs. How to set the clearance to help with second gear piping out. Thank you again for a wonderful time and hospitality. 
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2019 at 4:39pm
Thank you Joe and Julie for hosting another successful Jeeps in January, for your gracious hospitality and reminding me why I don't want to live further North this time of the year...-17 brrrrr.
It was great meeting some new CJ2A Page folks in person and spending some time with them at the HD Museum Friday as well some familiar faces too. Joes Shop is awesome and I've learned something every time I come. Seeing the new Dispatcher was great. It was interesting watching the T90 rebuilds and the CNC project Jeff is working on. 
Thank you again! 

Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2019 at 5:01pm
Thanks to all for braving the cold and traveling such great distances to gather at my shop for Jeeps in January. I had a fantastic time spending time with old friends and meeting new ones, sharing stories and tech talk. I also enjoyed the Friday evening gathering at my favorite watering hole... Rev Jim's Road House. Thanks for buying Mike. A special thanks goes out to my wife Juli for making lunch deserts and generally putting up with my jeep hobby, brother Jim for bringing coffee and donuts, Tim for the cinnemon rolls, and Lee for the chicken and wild rice soup. I hope everyone has made I back home without incident and that the travel is safe and speedy for the east coast contingent today. I look forward to seeing all of you again at other gatherings later in the year!!

Edited by Joe DeYoung - 27 Jan. 2019 at 5:07pm
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2019 at 5:11pm
Currently sitting in MKE waiting to board and reviewing the weekend and looking at pictures. 

I have to say this is one of the best Jeep events I have ever attended. The folks I've met this weekend will stay in my memory a very long time! Hope to see some.....if not all of you again some day soon!!! 

Special thanks to Joe and Juli for their hospitality and generosity. If you ever find yourselves out east - you have a home. Door is always open. 

Special thanks to Art for imparting some of your vast trailer knowledge. Really enjoyed the conversation!

To all - much appreciate the company! My sides hurt from laughing so much! Great weekend!! Hope everyone is home safe and sound! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2019 at 6:06pm
I shot some nice video, and if everyone would get off the Internet world wide my YouTube upload would be faster! currently on hour 3

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2019 at 7:58pm
LOL....Is that like the bumper sticker that says...  if you can read this you're to close. LOL
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2019 at 8:45pm
Finally! ..... #2, I do not like to make long videos but this is an exception! ....

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2019 at 3:54am
Originally posted by damar2yxr damar2yxr wrote:

Here’s some eye candy of Joes warehouse and his “stack-o-jeeps”.

That's "stackS-o-jeeps".  I lost count of how many there are.  I'm glad to know there's a collection that isn't out in the weather.  Thumbs Up
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2019 at 5:28am
Mission complete.
Setting condition one, standing down... home again.

Wow. LOL

What an awesome road trip by air Wink !...Thanks, Joe, for opening your shop to us, and baring your addiction to the similarly afflicted no matter the scale... The histories, stories,...the passion was all over that building.  Thank you to everyone for welcoming Andy and I so readily.  To travel that far, walk into a relative unknown and quite quickly find yourself as comfortable as in your home garage is truly a testament to the character of the people there. I learned a ton, and laughed til it hurt LOL  Much appreciated Thumbs Up   I seriously needed the get away-

Special shout out to Luke!...Your passion and focus give those of us whose ages start with F's and S's (and not T's) hope that this Willys foolishness might continue beyond us.  Quite pleased to shake your hand, sir- duly impressed ... but if I hear that you continue to BOIL bratwurst instead of simmering before browning off, I swear... simmer, don't be a savage CoolWink
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Lee (MN) Lee (MN) wrote:

Finally! ..... #2,...
Is there a video #1 posted somewhere?
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2019 at 12:55pm
There will be #1, #3 once I can get them uploaded be patient my friend!... working on it right now!!...

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2019 at 1:57pm
... no biggie. Just making sure I didn't miss something.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>