Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kent's CJ2A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masscj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 11:43pm
That Jeep needs to stay in the family forever! Very cool pictures and story. Now keep it going.
1946 CJ2a Dauntless aka Jalopy
1946 VEC stock
1981 CJ-8 5.3 LS
1966 CJ-6 SBC TUX
1968 CJ-6 225 V6
1974 CJ-6 4.2
1967 M-416
East Coast Modified CJ's
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 11:55pm
That is the intention for sure. It will get to stretch its legs again at the Black Hills Jeep Run in a few weeks. I think it's getting excited as my brother in law Joe W. says it has been piddling on the floor a little bit.
RWILLYS (Space R)
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2017 at 12:07am
Excited and piddling on the floor!! Ready to romp!!
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2017 at 12:34am
Hey Rick, just noticed your location. Linda and I camped in Palo Duro Canyon this winter and spent a day in Amarillo. Had a great time going through the RV Museum there.

Rick
RWILLYS (Space R)
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2017 at 12:36am
That would be Rick G not RickG              To many Ricks😄
RWILLYS (Space R)
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2017 at 12:58am
I count 3.. You , me and space Rick..
SD Rick
TX Rick
ID Rick

Don't matter much as we all hail good states as homeEmbarrassed

Edited by RICKG - 05 June 2017 at 1:03am
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2017 at 1:09am
That's cool. Space G...... I like the sound of that. Maybe I'll be Space R.😆
RWILLYS (Space R)
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec. 2017 at 8:08pm
BTT
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2017 at 3:25am
Ok, I’m going to try to put this thread back in order as best I can. I don’t know why some of the pictures disappeared but they did. I went through my photos on this site and discovered quite a few duplicates and in trashing the extras discovered I am now missing more in the thread, so water u dear the bridge. Here are more photos in no particular order with descriptions as best I remember.

RWILLYS (Space R)
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2017 at 3:26am
The above photo is Kent in his Jeep sometime in the 1960’s
RWILLYS (Space R)
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2017 at 3:31am
This one is my wife in 1967 when she was a sophomore in high school and just learning to drive the Willys.
RWILLYS (Space R)
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2017 at 3:35am
Kent with son-in-law and grandson on a deer hunt near Deadwood SD.

RWILLYS (Space R)
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2017 at 3:40am
The young man in the passenger seat is 4th generation and his name is Kent......cool.

RWILLYS (Space R)
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2017 at 3:45am
Black Hills State College Swarm Day parade sometimes late 60s early 70s. And yes the Jeep is under there.....we think.

RWILLYS (Space R)
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2017 at 3:47am
Second generation spouse with gun.

RWILLYS (Space R)
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2017 at 3:50am
Second generation brothers all grown up

RWILLYS (Space R)
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2017 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Rick R Rick R wrote:

This one is my wife in 1967 when she was a sophomore in high school and just learning to drive the Willys.
   Rick thanks for sharing this great pic.(had to show the wife) She learned to drive a stick in the 48 jeep, when she was a sophomore in 1969. It was green also. Wish I had a pic. She insisted on manual trans cars ever since. Now she drives a freight train for the railroad. Joe
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2017 at 3:33pm
Hmm..would that locomotive be a three speed or maybe a four speedSmile

Keeping old Jeeps central to our family fun is big for us. My grand kids from Texas are up here in West Dakota for Christmas and one of the first things they wanted to do was go for a ride in the jeep! The oldest (10 soon to be 11) is looking forward to next summer so she can try driving RWILLYS. 
RWILLYS (Space R)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>