Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Little Update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxbirder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov. 2016 at 1:56am

Boxbirder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxbirder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov. 2016 at 1:57am
It's starting to look cooool shouldn't be long now.
Boxbirder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxbirder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov. 2016 at 1:49am
Things are moving along, even kept the old skool steering wheel wrap. 

Boxbirder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxbirder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2017 at 5:32pm
Lime Street is coming down to the home stretch. Now it's install the gas heater, redo the seats for now. I found an old school Boston cap with suicide doors that is getting soda blasted, welded all up and painted. If i tried to do this on my own it would have never gotten done and I would have been way over my head. 

McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2017 at 10:07pm
So you are the owner of the One I have been taking all of my measurements off of !   If you are up at Henry's tomorrow I will probably meet you in person.
Boxbirder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxbirder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2017 at 1:23am
Not this week, next week I have to get out there. Been very busy chasing ducks and coyotes.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2017 at 3:03am
Are there a lot of coyotes in NJ?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Boxbirder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxbirder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2017 at 3:18am
There are some but I go out west every year for a few weeks calling and trapping. It's a bad addiction.
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2017 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Are there a lot of coyotes in NJ?

I'm in central NJ and there seems to be more and more of them lately, I missed one during this past buck season. Angry

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
Boxbirder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxbirder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2017 at 3:25am
I'm north I trap 20-30 year in NJ but they are always rough, western yotes are white belly silky fur, it's a labor of love.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2017 at 5:00am
I know that coyotes are all over the place; I once raced one for a short distance while I was riding a bicycle between Bremerton and Tacoma Washington back in '73.  The coyote won by several lengths.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2017 at 11:23am
Ok, I'll meet you then.  I'm Jay.  It's neat seeing the pictures of the guys at the shop doing other stuff.  

We have a few of the "hybrid" coyotes/wolves running around our farm.  Things are like 60-80 lbs! 
Boxbirder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxbirder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 2:01am
Some progress is being made on the Boston Cap, the only thing that could be savaged was the roof and frame. All in all I thinking its looking COOL

Boxbirder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxbirder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 2:04am
The original rear seat will stay and new fronts.  I'll have a 2 hole dog box made for the back so I can run my coonhounds in the winter with the top. Next up Gas Heater install. 

Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 3:40am
Looks great.
Thanks for the pics.
McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2017 at 12:52pm
figures I missed you up at Henry's,  I'm planning on coming up this week.  Been tough getting consecutive days together to join the 2 halves of the tub.
Jay
McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2017 at 10:42am
Thought I'd let you know, your heater is in (that thing pretty cool, I've never seen a gas fired heater in the cab) and the fabrication part of your top is done.  They are working on painting it.  
Boxbirder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxbirder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2017 at 2:42am
The Boston cap is almost wrapped up. The suicide doors are looking cool. 

Edited by Boxbirder - 07 Mar. 2017 at 2:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>