Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

looking for Wrangler Unlimited Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Parrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking for Wrangler Unlimited Forum
    Posted: 07 Nov. 2016 at 11:36pm
Have an 08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with an unusual will not start (good battery, but not a click or any sound when turned to "start") and I'm looking for a good forum to search.  All the people here are great but I suppose this is not the place to ask for help on this.  It is well beyond my plugs, points, and gas knowledge.  Were might I find such a forum?  Thanks.
Don Parrish

'46 CJ2A 15720
'52 CJ3A 452GB124659
'49 T3C T3C312
'53 600 Ford Golden Jubilee Tractor
'67 Corvette
'09 Jeep Fourdoorsy
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2016 at 11:39pm
http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/

some of us own JK's too! 

I found this place to be pretty decent for info. 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2016 at 12:57am
After cleaning the battery terminals I would start with the starter relay in the PDC. Just swap it with another and see if it follows the relay.
stude-a-willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stude-a-willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2017 at 9:29pm
www.jkowners.com

I have a 2009 JKUR.

First try moving the automatic shifter to N (foot on brake.)

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/electrical-lighting-tech-dept/79401-intermittent-starting-problem.html

Edited by stude-a-willys - 14 Mar. 2017 at 9:32pm
Studebaker re-powered CJ2a
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 3:33pm
Sorry, I'm just now seeing this... we had the same trouble with our JK when we first got it. Sometimes would have to shift it into "N" before it would start. After a few months the issue went away... I am on my 3rd. battery though... they are only lasting a year or so... I'm thinking the high under hood temps may be the problem.  MG
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
duffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by usmcpmi usmcpmi wrote:

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this... we had the same trouble with our JK when we first got it. Sometimes would have to shift it into "N" before it would start. After a few months the issue went away... I am on my 3rd. battery though... they are only lasting a year or so... I'm thinking the high under hood temps may be the problem.  MG

If they are only lasting a year, there is absolutely another problem or what you are buying for batteries needs to change.  I do not think it is due to high under hood temps.

I have a 12 Rubicon and just changed out the original factory battery last week.  It still worked fine but I didn't want to be winching out of something back in the sticks when it finally gave up.  And, though expensive, you can't beat an Odyssey battery.  They do last 10 years.
1955 3B: 441sbc,AGE 4 speed transmission, Teralow D18w/Warn OD, 4.11:1 D44's/ARB's, glass tub & fenders, aluminum hood/grill, 8274, York OBA, Premier Power Welder; 67 CJ5: 225,T86AA, D18, 4.88's, OD
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2018 at 5:08pm
The first battery (factory install) failed after 15 months. I installed a Optima and it lasted 17 months before it broke inside and failed. They warrantied it completely and installed another. My JK is 38 months old. I may run a air temp meter under the hood just to see what the temp gets to...
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
 Post Reply Post Reply