Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M38 Axe Handle Bracket Location

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 M38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M38 Axe Handle Bracket Location
    Posted: 28 Nov. 2014 at 8:46pm
Fellow M38 owners.  I need a good picture of where the axe handle bracket is located on the tub.  That portion of the tub was a intricate lace of rusted metal and was replaced, as a result I have no way of finding exactly where it needs to go.  I don't even know which side of the bracket goes up.  
Ryan_M View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov. 2014 at 9:16pm
Does this help at all? I can get closeups of whatever you want. Just let me know.

'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
East Coast Willys Association
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov. 2014 at 9:16pm
52 M38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 M38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov. 2014 at 9:24pm
Thank you, I need the handle bracket that goes up by the step.  The loop thing.  Ryan, it appears you are going to need some help with this as well.  I was told the old batteries used to leak in the cowl box, it would drip down the dash support and rot out the corner and side.
Ryan_M View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov. 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by 52 M38 52 M38 wrote:

Thank you, I need the handle bracket that goes up by the step.  The loop thing.  Ryan, it appears you are going to need some help with this as well.  I was told the old batteries used to leak in the cowl box, it would drip down the dash support and rot out the corner and side.

Yes indeed. Please post your results once you figure it out so I'll know what to do once I get there Big smile
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Ryan_M View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov. 2014 at 9:35pm
There are some detailed photos and measurements of the bracket in Wes K's photo album over at WillysMJeeps.com. I don't think the link will work unless you are a logged in member but here it is:

'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
52 M38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 M38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov. 2014 at 10:50pm
Thank you,  I will have to find my log-in over there.  I can't seem to remember it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply