Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

m38 top bows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: m38 top bows
    Posted: 02 July 2018 at 6:03pm
can anyone tell me the height of the rear bow on an m38 summer top? measuring from the top of the rear body to the top of the bow. I have seen some measurement's on Google images. I want to make sure these are correct before I make new bows. the measurement I have seen is 30.5'' this leaves almost 4'' overlap of the rear Curtin.
thanks for any help.
Harry E
Harry Eisenhauer
bretto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bretto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2018 at 1:10pm
Depending on how the bow is placed in the Jeeps body pockets, as there is some adjustment, and how the pockets may be mounted to the body (maybe a little crooked) can all add up and a could skew that measurement a bit.  I'd just be asking what the measurement of the bow is.
My M38 is at military/July 4th show for a few days, when I get back over there and if I can remember, I'll measure my bows.  Did you go ask this over on willysmjeeps yet?
Brett
 Post Reply Post Reply