Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

modified completely factory original

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike@iim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: modified completely factory original
    Posted: 02 May 2017 at 8:13pm
Someone sent me this on fb. It's supposed to be the only original jeep loader. Not sure how true that is but it's interesting.
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 8:22pm
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 7:57pm
I think that shot was taken last June at the 8th Willys Jeep Rally.  There was also an article in the Dispatcher Magazine on its construction.
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
cal.bar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal.bar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:05pm
How much work can you really DO with that.  Looks like it weighs half as much as the whole jeep!
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 4:01am
Originally posted by cal.bar cal.bar wrote:

How much work can you really DO with that.  Looks like it weighs half as much as the whole jeep!

One hell of a lot more then with a shovel and a wheel barrow LOL
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 1:52pm
Its great that it has survived through the years and even better that it was put back in service for all to see!

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

Oakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 2:03am
I sold mine to Todd Kerzic. It think it looked much like regular snow plow cyl with up and down pressure.
Mine wasn't that tall.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
Glennstin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 1:59am
Hi All, Yes, The MAHL Willys Jeep loader exists today at the home of its maker, Standard Iron and Wire Works in MN. I sure had fun at last year's Willys Jeep Rally presenting the history of this unit. A video of it in operation was recently on one of the computer news sites. I talked to George recently, a retired SI employee, who brought it to the show. At that time SI had no plans to display at a Willys show this year. Contact me if you are planning a Midwest Willys event and I'll put you in touch.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/this-is-the-holy-grail-of-jeep-accessories/ar-BBABwmJ?ocid=spartanntp

Edited by Glennstin - 30 May 2017 at 2:25am
'50 Jeepster, Two '55 Customs (Aero), '58 CJ3B, Willys Special Equipment, Literature, AL-TOY JEEPS
 Post Reply Post Reply