Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My '47

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 51>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 4:01am
I hate unnecessary suspense! LOL  I'm glad I didn't see the latest updates until after you opened the box! Big smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 5:40am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

I hate unnecessary suspense! LOL  I'm glad I didn't see the latest updates until after you opened the box! Big smile

LOL Just wait for the sequel! Tongue
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 3:22am
The rest of the transmission? Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 4:28am
Wow this is crazy.
I hadn't seen your mystery box.
And posted my own so similar it's scary.

Wow we must be on the same wave... errr jeep link!

That picture of your jeep with the ship wreck is so awesome.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

The rest of the transmission? Smile

Still need to order the rebuild kit... may post "What is in the box? Part 2"
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

Wow this is crazy.
I hadn't seen your mystery box.
And posted my own so similar it's scary.

Wow we must be on the same wave... errr jeep link!

That picture of your jeep with the ship wreck is so awesome.

Yeah but your mystery box is a whole lot cooler!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 3:00am
Oh man this just gets crazier!!
Was in the other vehicle section and started to post (picked up this wagoneer) and see yours titled (picked up this Cherokee)...... ha ha ha great minds think alike.

Now that your flattys running are coming to the spring fling? Hint hint tow it with your Cherokee so I can see them both
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 7:34pm

Oh man this just gets crazier!!
Was in the other vehicle section and started to post (picked up this wagoneer) and see yours titled (picked up this Cherokee)...... ha ha ha great minds think alike.

LOL  I guess we do! Or are you a crazy stalker and need to copy me TongueLOL
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 7:42pm

Now that your flattys running are coming to the spring fling? Hint hint tow it with your Cherokee so I can see them both

Ooooo that is tempting!  My 2A does run, just has the tired motor in it still. The Cherokee is very temperamental at the moment so don't know if I would want to tow the 2A behind it.  The plan now, at the moment, is to drive the Cherokee and camp. 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 8:50pm
Need to find time after work and when it is not raining ( and it is always raining here. Set some kind of record with how many days it has rained) to find out why the front drivers side brakes are sticking.

Though about driving my 2A down. Google maps directions ( trying to avoid highways although impossible out here) says 4 hours and 37 minutes. For me though closer to 5.5 hours. Not terrible. I've driven further before.

The Cherokee I can at least maintain highway speeds.

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 2:50pm
Had a moment yesterday where I had time, the sun was out and the ground was dry to finally check out what was behind the drivers front brake drum. I believe it to be the wheel cylinder. Slight rust on the end where it would stick. Cleaned it up and it works how they are suppose too.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:35am
ARRRRGGGGG!!!!!!!!Angry

Drove to work today, park it, shut the lights off then the engine. Climb out and check taillights, they are off. Hours later the brake lights are on.

The work day ends, yay! Drive home, park Jeep and again check taillights they are off. 30 minutes later neighbor knocks on the door and says brake lights are on. I go outside and sure enough they are on. As I stare at this they go off. Confused moments later back on. Angry

Everything is always 2 steps back. Cry

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 5:15am
Arrrrrrr
That's annoying.
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:53am
Isn't owning an older Jeep fun? I got stopped one Sunday night for no taillights in the 3B. I opened the hood and knew where to wiggle a wire so they worked again. By the time I left, there was 3 cop cars parked behind me.
On my Commando all of the turn signals work and the lights all work but the RR turn signal wont work if the lights are on. I'm still working on that one.
uncamonkey
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:41pm

Arrrrrrr
That's annoying.

It is! I should just go through the master cylinder and all four wheel cylinders and make sure they are all clean and moving freely. It is such a pain in the butt to do this on the street in front of my apartment.

I have Saturdays and Sundays off. Although the Sunday market just started back up last weekend until fall and it is one block from where I live. So traffic ( and parking) is insane and with how bad a lot of the drivers are out here I really don't want to be
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

Isn't owning an older Jeep fun? I got stopped one Sunday night for no taillights in the 3B. I opened the hood and knew where to wiggle a wire so they worked again. By the time I left, there was 3 cop cars parked behind me.
On my Commando all of the turn signals work and the lights all work but the RR turn signal wont work if the lights are on. I'm still working on that one.

I must like to torture myself!    Although my girlfriends Jeep is only 11 years old it is just as frustrating.

Then there are those moments when it is all worth it to own and drive. I just have to keep remembering that.   
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 9:33pm
Yeah, even if some of these beasts aren't mine in our group I still get pressed into service to fix them or go on rescue missions. I wouldn't do these things if I didn't care about them. Sort of like your first dog, your best dog, wait, my first dog, best dog and my first Jeep happened about the same time...
uncamonkey
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 11:15pm
My neighbor just texted me to tell me my lights are on so they have been going on and off for I don't know how long.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 51>