Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to club
    Posted: 28 July 2017 at 12:42pm
After a fair bit of looking I finally found my flat fender.

A real nice gentleman sold his long term project and I was fortunate enough to be watching CL when it came up. While I was looking at it two other calls of interest came in.

Here were the details:
"1948 completely restored Jeep CJ2A. Nearly everything is new. A few new parts include: transmission, front differential, rear differential, radiator, alternator, suspension, shocks, tires, paint, rhino lining in bed and undercarriage, steering, windshield, gauges, brakes, lights, wiring, tailgate, fenders, hood, and many more. Accelerated seller. Call or text 970. $8,500 obo..."

Looking the Willys over showed it to be an amazing build, at least to my novice eye. It looks like almost every part on it is new. The underseat toolbox was intact and the dry Colorado weather had been kind to the steel.

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 12:54pm
Very nice!  Congrats on the score!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
JeepSaffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepSaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 1:10pm
Very nice looking rig! And welcome to the Page.

What are your plans with it?
Daily driver, weekend driver or trails?

1948 CJ2A #204853 in South Africa
Flint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 1:31pm
Trails.

We live close to the Snowy Range in SE Wyoming and enjoy wandering the fire roads etc. I'm looking forward to learning in the CJ2A and leaving my Rubicon at home. It won't look as pristine much but I made sure the PO was okay with me taking it back to purpose.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 2:00pm
Now THAT'll work LOL

Looks really clean... assuming the mechanicals are as tight as the visuals it should bring nothing but smiles for some time to come-

Congrats, and welcome Smile
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Flint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 2:59pm
The only thing I'm missing is the chance to complain about the previous owner. I think he did an outstanding job. The first time I get out the paint brush and slop OD on it will likely hurt a bit, but I expect the CJ will be okay.

I'm thinking of it as if I drove it off the lot in 48. Take it home, go fishing, roll into the barb wire gate and get that first tough scratch them drive it everywhere I need to go, providing I'm not in a hurry. 
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 3:35pm
Lol... I don't recall OD being a factory color in '48 Wink

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 4:31pm
Welcome Flint.  I saw this listing on CR.  Looks very clean.  Congrats.

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 4:37pm
Wow, just Wow..Very nice and congrats!!

I know its early to ask a favor but when you get a chance I'd like to see pics of the alum radiator underside, specifically the mounts and the undercut to clear the steering bellcrank..Thumbs Up
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
1947-cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1947-cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 4:56pm
Welcome Flint.
Very nice jeep, some guys have all the luck.
Rich
RICH

1947 cj2a (Toy From Hell)
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 5:09pm
Welcome! Beautiful looking flat fender you have there.

Data page---> http://cj-2a.com/parts_list/CJ2A_data.php
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 5:27pm
Beautiful!  Welcome aboard.
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
Flint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 6:06pm
Thank you all. Many photos to come. Hopefully no expectation that I know how he did it. Thank you for the link, very helpful. Only thing I notice so far is the need for a parking break. Handle is missing.

So is it sacrilege to wander the hills in this? Add a winch... Toolbox, maybe jerry can carriers? 
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Flint Flint wrote:

So is it sacrilege to wander the hills in this? Add a winch... Toolbox, maybe jerry can carriers? 

Not if you share pictures/videos.  LOL

09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 6:22pm
I think it would be sacrilege to hide it in a shed and only drive it in parades, bUt that's  just me.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 6:26pm
It's too bad you missed the Northern Colorado Run (last week), that would have been perfect to break it in.  You might wander down to that thread and see what some of us do with our jeeps.  Though .... this year the pics are pretty scarce.  Too much time wheeling I guess. Welcome aboard.  Hope to meet you and your jeep on the trail!

Kate

Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 6:27pm
 Tiny andI looked at that jeep, and drove it, last fall, I think it was. It's very nice. You got it for considerably less than he was asking then. I told him that I'd really like to have a jeep that nice, but I wanted to build it, not buy it. He knew we were only kicking tires and not buying, but he was very nice anyway.
 "So is it sacrilege to wander the hills in this? Add a winch... Toolbox, maybe jerry can carriers?"
Not at all. It's your jeep now, do what you want. Enjoy it. It would be a shame though, IMO, to slather OD on it.Shocked
  Where-at in Southeast Wyoming are you located? Not too far from me? I'm just a bit NE of Greeley.
Bring it to the Fall Colors Tour!  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
NCtoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 6:30pm
It's yours use it. You know why jeeps are the legend that they are and why the people around here love them so much? It's because of the memories of using them and the adventures they and their families have had with their jeeps. Not because dad had one locked up in the garage that only saw daylight when it was getting washed or at a car show. 

Also, congratulations, that's a really pretty jeep. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>