Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New trailer home for the jeep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MooCow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New trailer home for the jeep
    Posted: 22 July 2017 at 7:10am
Seeing some of these other trailer builds prompted me to post some of mine.  I started with a 7' x 16' aluminum v-nose bare on the inside and did all of the work by myself.  Now we have a way to haul the jeep with us when we go camping and have a nice place to stay when we get there.
1949 CJ3A
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 2:27pm
Nice! I've been shopping myself. Did you go all aluminum ?..... I very much like the awning on the side, did you get the re side door with the screen ?.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
MooCow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MooCow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 3:09pm
Yes, it is all aluminum.  I think it was 1200 pounds empty before I added everything.  The door has an RV latch but no screen, the RV doors were quite a bit smaller.  Its an EZ Hauler by Mission.  
1949 CJ3A
wheelie View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 4:04pm
Very nice. Only 1200 lbs when you got it? Wow! Have you weighed it since your additions, less the JEEP? Curious. 
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 9:22pm
that's a nice trailer.  Great job on the inside work.  I'm interested in your awning.  Got any more close up pics of it?   What did you use to finish the walls? What kind of insulation?  Did you wire it 12v and 110v?  Dual batteries?  What kind of charging system?  Details, man, details.  You can't just give us a few finished product shots and call it good.  We are a details kind of people on here Wink
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Rick G Rick G wrote:

that's a nice trailer.  Great job on the inside work.  I'm interested in your awning.  Got any more close up pics of it?   What did you use to finish the walls? What kind of insulation?  Did you wire it 12v and 110v?  Dual batteries?  What kind of charging system?  Details, man, details.  You can't just give us a few finished product shots and call it good.  We are a details kind of people on here Wink

X2, what he said!......

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
 Post Reply Post Reply