Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyocj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: newbie
    Posted: 11 Jan. 2018 at 5:04pm
Hello to the forum. I just bought my first cj2a, a '48, same as me and will get it home next Tuesday. I am still figuring out how to navigate the forum, so if I do something wrong, let me know. I'm in learning mode, both on this forum and with the cj. I actually bought it as an irrigation vehicle, but I think it may like to play as well as work. Larry
Larry
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2018 at 5:16pm
welcome aboard Larry.

We need pictures!
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2018 at 5:25pm
Welcome, Larry... you'll not find a more civil forum on the net, imo.  Tons of info here, so search early and often

Pictures? yes please, lol...and I gotta ask-  "Irrigation Vehicle"... Jeep-a-trench?

MB
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2018 at 5:56pm
Larry, Welcome aboard!

We love pictures! Learning how to post said pictures is a bit tough to do, for me at least. There is a thread on how to do this on this site. I have not figured it out yet, but others have had great success by reading the thread. I hope you do better than I did. 

You are correct that Jeep does like to play as well as work.

MB, Irrigation Vehicle = Rig to carry the tools & siphon tubes needed to get water onto the fields of crops. Said water coming from irrigation ditches or canals. (Or, in Western Oregon to get the water OFF of the fields.) Four Wheel Drive is very nice to have. A narrow short rig is a must as the ditches are often muddy & the "roads" to them are bad most of the time. Many folks around here use four wheel drive ATVs. IHTH.

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2018 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by cpt logger cpt logger wrote:

MB, Irrigation Vehicle = Rig to carry the tools & siphon tubes needed to get water onto the fields of crops. ...

Thank you... no doubt there'd be different interpretations outside my little corner of the northeast Thumbs Up
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
wyocj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyocj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2018 at 7:06pm
Thanks for all the welcoming words. By irrigation vehicle I mean transportation on my irrigation rounds twice or three times a day in season. I've been using my 4-wheeler, but in early spring and late fall sometimes I get snowed on, and in summer I want some shelter from rain/lightening. It does have a cab, so it should be perfect. I'll try to post some pics when I get it home...
Larry
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2018 at 7:15pm
Welcome Larry! Where-at in Big, Wonderful, Wyoming? I'm not far from Cheyenne, but I know, Wyoming IS big! I used to truck across it.   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2018 at 8:00pm
Welcome Larry!  Lots of information and help here.
What part of our great State do you call home.  Go Pokes!

Tom
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
wyocj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyocj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2018 at 8:14pm
We have a little (80 acre) farm north of Riverton. It's about half in alfalfa, and the rest just plowed in fall, so probably plant oats for oat hay, or malt barley in spring. I have gated pipe for irrigation. Love it- let gravity do it's share... Looking forward to working the kinks out of the cj when I get it home. It does, apparently have a mucked-up fuel tank and system, but it ran well, when I looked it over. I'm afraid I'm one of those who will enjoy tinkering with it as much as driving it.
Larry
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2018 at 8:40pm
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 1:40am
Welcome Larry. Have fun working on and working with your cj2a. As other have said gotta have pics. Also, don't forget to take pics when you're out and about with it on the farm.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

freefall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freefall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 1:52am
Welcome Larry. You came to the right place.
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2018 at 4:32am
Welcome aboard Larry and post up some pics for us!
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
wyocj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyocj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2018 at 12:53am
I'm going to try to post some pics. I got it home today. It's a '48, but you can tell from the 'scoop' that it has an F head engine (I think).The seats will go, and I'm tall, so I'll have to do something to get the room I need(any ideas?). I have to clean out the fuel tank and whole fuel system, and get a new battery. I has been converted to 12v. Here are a few photos, I hope...
   OK, I think I have to upload them to photobucket first? I'll try and get back later.
Larry
Doodledad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodledad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2018 at 1:03am
Welcome sir! You will feel right at home here. BTW an “F” head will have a valve cover an “L” won’t. 
46 2A 29938 (unrestored driver)
51 3A "Wilma"
55 3B Fountain
47 2A Yard Art
97 XJ “Lafaunduh”
00 TJ RockCrawler "Hooker"
13 Rubicon JKU "Alice"
48 C2A Eileen
00 TJ frame off resto “Stacy”
wyocj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyocj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2018 at 1:03am

I tried to insert an image, but it's not showing up. By the way it does have a valve cover, so that's why I said I think... but I have to think it's possible that it is not even a jeep engine... One more thing. Can someone help me learn to post photos? I looked at posting help, but there is little there.

Edited by wyocj2a - 17 Jan. 2018 at 1:09am
Larry
wyocj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyocj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2018 at 2:05am
one more try

OK, I think it's here, I'll put some more on tomorrow...
Larry
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2018 at 2:20am
Welcome aboard Larry,that's one nice looking jeep,love the green and the petina.Have fun with it.Thumbs Up

Edited by Gil - 17 Jan. 2018 at 2:22am
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>