Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Testing and Support for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"New&Improved" Picture posting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "New&Improved" Picture posting
    Posted: 15 June 2006 at 9:13am

Tried to post a picture, can someone point me to what I'm not doing correctly. What do you do after you type in the image URL? The picture comes up when I hit Preview, but is there another button that for some reason or another is not coming up for me and my 'antique' here? I had no trouble doing a picture before using Imageshack as the host . Seems like there is something missing to insert the picture or take it to the body of the post....(I've tried to post this as positively as I can, sorry if it is misconstrued as "whining"......I'm just trying to learn.)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 9:29am
I was having the same problem last night trying to figure out how to post my Avatar (little picture under my username on the left side of each post).

It seemed as though it was not turned on for picture posting.

I ended up posting it on my website and then putting that URL in the http line under settings-edit profile-select avatar.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 9:56am
Thanks Art......I guess it would be helpful if someone would inform us as to what is 'turned on' and what is 'turned off'......It could prevent 'mistaken frustration' from being misconstrued as "whining"...........That is really my point about having things 'simpler and more 'self explanitory' not everybody can just punch this button and that button to make things work......It's fine for the younger generation of computer whizes but what about the older guys (my dads age for instance) that likes fooling around with stuff but doesn't have the intuition to just 'start pushing buttons'.........
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 10:00am

So Russ.......is the picture posting option functional or not? (thank you for your time and consideration in this matter) 

Edited by rocnroll - 15 June 2006 at 10:03am
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

georgebudney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgebudney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 12:18pm
Yes, pictures work the same way as before. Looks like the button changed, though. It is now a picture of a tree (7th from left on top).

Takes a bit of time though...and when the pop-up says "please be patient while the image loads" click okay and be patient.

Modified '48 #170906
Buick 225-V6, SM-420/Dana 300,
front D-30, rear 44, BFG-33/950's
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j232/georgebudney/
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 2:37pm

George, I got that far fine......the preview loaded fine........o.k. so what happens on your end when you hit Preview...It says "Please be patient...." I click on O.k. Then what is the next step after it loads.....does it just automatically go back to the body of the post? If so, that's what mine is NOT doing.... The preview will sit there all day long if I let it.....Thanks

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

georgebudney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgebudney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 2:56pm
After you hit preview, the "patient" window comes up and you click okay, from there the preview is loaded. Okay, so we are that far.  

Now all you need to do is click okay on the lower right hand of that preview screen. It should then take you back to your post reply screen. From there, just click the post button and you're go to go.

Edited by georgebudney - 15 June 2006 at 3:00pm
Modified '48 #170906
Buick 225-V6, SM-420/Dana 300,
front D-30, rear 44, BFG-33/950's
http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j232/georgebudney/
 Post Reply Post Reply