Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North Texas Flat Fender Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2008 at 11:00pm
Here's a link to a thread I started about the Ft. Worth Anglers Club's annual Orphan's Event to be held Sep. 20, 08 in Azle, TX:

I'm hoping to be able to take my CJ2A if all goes well.  Would be great to see any other North TX Flatfenders there!
Ed Q.
North Texas
47 CJ2A
rooney77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooney77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr. 2008 at 6:34pm

Posted twice, sorry.

Edited by rooney77 - 07 May 2008 at 4:14am
1953 CJ3A
1942 MB
rooney77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooney77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 4:13am
I'm in. Course I'm up in Denton. To answer a parts question previously, there is a man in Lewisville that specializes in flatties. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to give his info. Also, there is a salvage yard just north of denton on 35 that specializes in older cars. They do have on CJ2A but they won't part it out. they do have a couple of other willys cars though. Let us know if you are serious about starting a group. I'm all for it.
1953 CJ3A
1942 MB
rooney77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooney77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 4:15am
Originally posted by equin equin wrote:

Here's a link to a thread I started about the Ft. Worth Anglers Club's annual Orphan's Event to be held Sep. 20, 08 in Azle, TX:

I'm hoping to be able to take my CJ2A if all goes well.  Would be great to see any other North TX Flatfenders there!

I'd be willing if I can have mine running by then. Got some valve train issues I think. #$%@ F-head won't play by my rules.
1953 CJ3A
1942 MB
equin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 9:16pm
Me too, man.  I took the plunge and started stripping it down.  I figured since I can't get it to run right now, I might as well see if I can fix all the other stuff, like the huge holes in the floor, the rusted/missing hat channels, etc.  Don't know if I'll have it ready by the Orphan's run due to current lack of funds, but we'll see....

Anyway, keep us updated on the Lewisville flattie mechanic's work, and post some pics of the progress to keep the rest of us motivated!
Ed Q.
North Texas
47 CJ2A
rooney77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rooney77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 5:44pm
The mechanic is supposed to be done by the end of the week. Apparently there was an issue with the parts he ordered. I can't wait to get it back. Of course right now I'm running around trying to get things ready for the memorial day run at BMRA with DFW-TX4WD club. Hope you'll be there.
1953 CJ3A
1942 MB
OverlandMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 3:47pm
Good morning fellow North Texas flat-fender friends. Noticed there hasn't been any activity on this thread for over a year now. Just wanted to see if you guys ended up creating a North Texas flat-fender club/group. I could use a support group for all the $ I spend on my 2A. Perhaps I need an intervention...

1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
equin2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 5:36am
Man, I need to check this folder more often.  Sorry I didn't see your post til now but glad to hear of another Willys flatfender around these parts.  Do you have any pics?

Anyway, there's been no official organization/formation of the "North TX Flat Fenders Club" per se.  It's a club name I stole from the Colorado Flat Fender Club due to my sheer lack of creativity in coming up with my own name for a local club for flat fender obsessed folks like us.  I suppose if you own one or wish you did and show an interest in commiserating with like minded local flattie aficionados, then you're welcome to be a part of the "club."  If there's enough of us with an interest in meeting, we'll set up a meet-n-greet, or maybe a "wrench-a-thon" of some sort if anyone needs help fixing or restifying their flattie.  I promise not to round off or cross-thread too many bolts if we do the latter.
Ed
'47 CJ2A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 3:05pm
No problem.

You can count me in if we ever get enough interest. I am a new flat-fender owner but I grew up hunting out of one of my dad's friends 1952 Military Jeep. I think it was a MB or something like that. Regardless, I've always enjoyed these old jeeps and now I've got my own "project" to say the least.

Here is a picture from the 1st night I bought it back in April.

Since this picture, I've done a lot to it. AND BOUGHT A WHOLE LOT OF PARTS!

I'm in the process of sanding nearly the entire thing down to bare metal or close enough. I'm pretty close to having that wrapped up. Then I'll be doing some minor body-work and getting the primer on it. I plan to make it "Harvest Green" with yellow wheels at least right now. I may change my mind...

I've replaced the following already.

1. All the gauges (except speedo)
2. Headlight bezels
3. Parking Light lenses & seals
4. Speedo cable
5. Gas tank (replaced w/ a poly tank)
6. Tailgate
7. Thermostat + retainer
8. Thermostat housing (found out you can't get these new anywhere so replaced w/ a better used)
9. Plugs & plug wires
10. Upper radiator hose
11. Entire radiator w/ shroud ($$$$$!!!!)
12. Shift knobs (all 3, mine does not have a PTO)

I still need the following:

1. Front leaf springs
2. All new wiring (I have designed a completely new wiring schematic)
3. Windshield glass + inner seals
4. Dash light assembly
5. Paint job
6. Custom-fit 16ga sheet metal for rusted floorboards & the rear bed. I'm getting this made as we speak and then I'll be welding it in
7. Oil-bath air filter assembly
8. maybe a couple of other things here and there.

There you have it. You probably got more info then you really wanted! Take care.
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
buckshot View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 6:51pm
Hey Folks,
Just starting on my '46 CJ-2A. I'm in Tyler, not too far from Barnwell Mtn. Be nice to have a vintage Jeep club in Texas.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 1:14am
Hey Ed, you're welcome to use the name, as long as we get credit Wink! Maybe sometime we can get both groups together for a tour, heck, Colorado & Texas are only about 20 miles apart!  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
equin2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 12:22am
Sounds like you've done quite a bit, Overland Man.  Looking forward to seeing it when it's done.

Welcome, Buckshot.  You're not too far away from Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area in Gilmer.  I took my CJ2A there in '06 before I dismantled it.

And thanks, Bruce, for the use of the name!  I guess you can say it's been "appropriated" for our use, but only after TXJake (the original poster of this thread) appropriated it from you first.  I suppose we'll use it more willingly now that you've given us permission, at least if and until one of us thinks up of a better name for our area.  And yeah, that would be great to link up both Colorado and TX in a vintage jeep group outing!
Ed
'47 CJ2A
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2009 at 2:42am
Guys,
Lew Ladwig here, I started the CFFC a few years ago.  I was looking for fellow jeep nuts who were not just hard core rock crawlers but guys with older flatties that enjoyed playing and showing them.  I have decided to start the IFFC and extend the range of the club.  The International Flat Fender Club will be made up of Patrols of smaller clubs from around the world.  I would like to have the North Texas Flat Fender Club be a founding member of the IFFC!  This is a no fee, no dues deal just like the CFFC.  We will use the internet to lay out events that folks can join in on.
What do you think?  So far we have about 4 possible patrols and the list is growing.  I might try to find someone to build a web site but I don't want to have to spend $ to make it happen.  Like I said, it should be a no cost deal.
Happy jeeping!

President of the Colorado Flat Fender Club and the New IFFC
Lew Ladwig
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2009 at 3:24pm
Sounds good to me. Count me in. 
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
equin2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote equin2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug. 2009 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Lew Ladwig Lew Ladwig wrote:

Guys,
Lew Ladwig here, I started the CFFC a few years ago.  I was looking for fellow jeep nuts who were not just hard core rock crawlers but guys with older flatties that enjoyed playing and showing them.  I have decided to start the IFFC and extend the range of the club.  The International Flat Fender Club will be made up of Patrols of smaller clubs from around the world.  I would like to have the North Texas Flat Fender Club be a founding member of the IFFC!  This is a no fee, no dues deal just like the CFFC.  We will use the internet to lay out events that folks can join in on.
What do you think?  So far we have about 4 possible patrols and the list is growing.  I might try to find someone to build a web site but I don't want to have to spend $ to make it happen.  Like I said, it should be a no cost deal.
Happy jeeping!

President of the Colorado Flat Fender Club and the New IFFC
Lew Ladwig

Sounds like a great idea, Lew, and would love to be a part of it.

Ed Q.
Ed
'47 CJ2A
jpsride1256 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpsride1256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 9:52pm
If there is a North Texas Flatfender clug my 48 cj2a and I would like to be a part of it.  I am east of Dallas just the other side of Terrell.
Life just doesn't get any better than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 11:51pm
Where abouts East of Terrell?
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
awardmont View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awardmont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2010 at 7:31pm
I have a 46 cj2a but im in houstonAngry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>