Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North Texas Flat Fender Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexascattleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 3:11pm
I don't have a running jeep to bring to a get together but I'd sure like to meet some of y'all. I'm "fixen" to have more time on my hands because I'm retiring 1 Aug. I was just waiting for an appropriate time to write that on this forum. Even though I don't have a running jeep as of yet, I can still drive my bent toyota.
I look forward to seeing my fathers again to ask all the questions I should have asked before.
OverlandMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 3:52pm
Congrats on the retirement. Thumbs Up

1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
OverlandMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverlandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 8:21pm
Maybe we just need to find an empty parking lot for starters to drag some jeeps out and "BS"...

It's going to start getting hot here real quick. What are you guys doing for soft tops on your Jeeps? I just sold my Bestop Tigertop and am in the process of putting together a bikini-style setup.
1948 CJ2A # 217333
My Project

JW in Dallas, TX
thirtycal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtycal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2012 at 11:45pm
I am in north north east tx if you guys can get anything together.  I am about an hour from some dirt roads in the mountains in OK.  They are more like mild trails, and could be fun weeling for the stock 2as.
thirtycal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thirtycal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2012 at 7:02pm
If any one is interested in the trails I was talking about here is some info. 

http://www.ouachitaatvadventures.com/Trails/BrokenBow/brokenbow.html
1948 CJ2A 180329
1974 CJ5
1941 Chevy 2DR Sedan
Ryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2012 at 11:13pm

Any furter interest in getting a club started?

2008 Jk Unlimited
1946 CJ2A
Bobatwarsaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobatwarsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2012 at 4:29am
IF anyone gets it togeather I live in North Tx in Kaufman Co
have 3  2As and would interested. The only place I go now
is to Ft Hood every year and its a blast to drive the open
tank trails all over Ft Hood and you never have to open
a gate or wire fence
Here is a link to it take a look at all the great pics

Take care Bob
Take Care
Bob

<
Ryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2012 at 4:47am
I'd love to so something like that, but it's restricted to vintage military only. Maybe we could all come up with a place that offers similar trails and do a meet and greet/trail ride
2008 Jk Unlimited
1946 CJ2A
atexascattleman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexascattleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2012 at 3:56pm
I'm interested. I have events coming up in late winter and early spring that might limit my participation for a time but I am definitely intested. It'd be great to meet y'all face to face.
I look forward to seeing my fathers again to ask all the questions I should have asked before.
Ryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2012 at 7:34pm
I'm ready to get something going, we just need to get together on a place and time. Anything I can do to help get this going, just let me know!
2008 Jk Unlimited
1946 CJ2A
Red48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2012 at 8:16pm
I'd be interested.
48 CJ2A 175088
jayhutto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayhutto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2013 at 5:59pm
hello, my name is Jay , i have a 1947 cj2a that my dad bought in 1958 , he hunted out of it 58-70, istarted hunting in 74 with him until early 2000 the jeep is in pretty good shape,going to start revamping it this summer .I didnot know if anyone has started a club in north texas yet ,i would be intersted i live in aledo, west of fort worth
JH
mdmeltdown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdmeltdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2013 at 9:48pm

Barnwell mountain outside of Longview?

'70 v6 CJ5
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2013 at 2:05am
Forgive me if I missed you fellas, but are you a Patrol of the IFFC? I just updated the list, and don't remember seeing you on the Patrol list. Let me know. I will be updating regularly.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2013 at 2:08am
I'd say they are probably 'independent' of the 'International'.

Texas renegades. Wink

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2013 at 2:11am
Yup, we is! Texas is its own little country!!  Beisdes, it is springtime down here and we are all busy cleaning the shop and finding stuff.
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2013 at 2:18am
Need a Texas Club to step up and join the IFFC. Check it out at Internationalflatfenderclub.net.
Sign on and pronounce yourself TXFFC President. If the existing ones should like to be a part. that would be FANTASTIC!Thumbs Up Its just FUN!!!..and would love to have you onboard with us.
mdmeltdown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdmeltdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2013 at 4:19pm
Haines Garage:  Are you guys already in Texas doing stuff or are you just wanting a "satellite" club to you guys?  There is already a Houston Area Flatfenders club or some name like that.  It looks like they haven't been active for a while, but the guy on there has a 3B that's wrapped in a cammo reed pattern.
'70 v6 CJ5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>